Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPOULOS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Caught W/ Knife At Airport
    Hi There, I Have A Few Questions About A Situation I've Recently Found Myself In. In December, 2006, I Was Flying From My Home In Monterey,ca To Visit My Parents In Toledo, Oh. When I Was Checking My Carry On Bags It Was Discovered That I Had A Switchblade Knife In My Backpack (it Was In My Pencil Case And I Had Forgotten It Was There). It Was Confiscated And I Was Allowed To Board The Plane. Weeks Later, After I Had Arrived Back In California, I Received A Letter That I Had To Appear In Superior Court For 1) Possession Of An Illegal Weapon, And 2) Possession Of One In An Airport. I'm Scheduled To Appear In Court On Feb. 2.

My Question Is, How Worried Should I Be? Here's Some Info About Myself:
    -i'm 28, College Educated, And Work As A Project Manager
    -i'm Currently Applying To Grad Schools
    -i Have A Criminal Past (when I Was 18 I Was Busted For Breaking Into A Car, A Felony, But It Was Later Exponged)

Should I Hire A Lawyer To Go To Court With Me? What Will The Judge Likely Do? What Adice Would You Give Me? Please Help!

Thanks~
    thedogghater Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Yes u need a good atty those are very serious charges don't risk it.Dont even take a chance like that.wish u the best
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Yes you need an atty. However, at worst, I suspect you will get fines. At best the atty will ge the charges knocked down to misdemeanors that won't affect your record. Even though these are serious charges, being gainfully employed and without problems in the past 10 years it shouldn't mean jail time.
    JPOULOS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Thanks Man, I'm Going to Look Up A Lawyer Today. Wish Me Luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Good Luck!

By the way did you mean to check off the not helpful on your first comment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airport Runway Construction Requirements [ 3 Answers ]

I have been asked to find the construction requirements to construct a runway that would withstand the weight of an airliner plus its cargo of approximately 100,000 pounds. Where do I go to fine the specs for such a project? I need the info so that I can estimate the cost of construction. Thanks...

Arm Grabbing Security Guards Beijing Airport [ 5 Answers ]

Is it an acceptable custom for security guards to silently without any explanation grab people by the arm and move them to where they are supposed to be standing in China? Or is this just a Beijing airport security guard thing?

Immigration at airport pocket money [ 1 Answers ]

I have a girl friend in Ghana, does she need pocket money in order to leave for the UK. AS immigration in accra told her she needs between £150 to £300 is this correct. Regards Stephen

Airport mishap [ 10 Answers ]

I was taking an airline when the plane was delayed. After it arrived and we boarded, the stewardesses gave their safety speech, the plane sat along time on the tar mat and then we were that the airplane had mechanical problems and would have to be repaired. Another plane was brought in and...

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

View more questions Search