Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studenthelp143 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 06:47 PM
    How to solve quadratic equation x2-2x-3=0 using Indian Method?
    Need detailed steps and solutions using the indian method.

Thanks
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Mar 28, 2011, 08:01 PM

First, move the constant term to the right side of the equation:

Now multiply everything by four times the original coefficient of the term (i.e. 4 x 1 = 4):

Next, add the square of the original coefficient of x to both sides (i.e. ):

This makes the left side of the equation a perfect square. So now you can take the square root of both sides:

or

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic: Solve (e^x - e^-x)/2 = 2 (sinhx = 2) [ 5 Answers ]

I know x = 1.443 but I need to solve it now using algebra, not my calculator. Pauls Online Notes : Algebra - Solving Exponential Equations Algebra II: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions - Math for Morons Like Us These are 2 of the sites I've been on, I've also gone through my textboox...

Solve using quadratic equation [ 3 Answers ]

I have no clue how to solve these 2 word problems! 1. Chris cuts half a rectangular lawn 40m by 30m, by mowing strips of equal width around the perimeter. Jeri cuts the small rectangle that's left. How wide a strip does Chris cut so that they share the work equally? 2. Dieter makes a journey...

Solve this quadratic prob. As soon as possible [ 2 Answers ]

if d equation x^3+3px^2+3qx+r=0 and x^2+2px+q=0have a common root ,then 4(p^2-q)(q^-pr)=?

How do I solve a word dilemma using quadratic equation [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for days on this and went to every website and test I could find but cannot wrap my brain around this. Word problems give me great difficulty and I am supposed to construct a quadratic equation for this. I'd really appreciate some help. if a retailer spends $48 to purchase some...

View more questions Search