Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    realperc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Length of time Chapter 7 remains on Credit Report
    At one time CHapter 7 only remained on your credit report for 7 years instead of ten. If filed my Chapter 7 prior to the change in the length of time am I under the ten years or the seven years. My Chapter 7 was discharged in January of 2000. If I am right what can I do?

Sincerely,
    Everett Matlock:) :)
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Jan 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by realperc
    At one time CHapter 7 only remained on your credit report for 7 years instead of ten. If filed my Chapter 7 prior to the change in the length of time am I under the ten years or the seven years. My Chapter 7 was discharged in january of 2000. If i am right what can I do?

Sincerely,
    Everett Matlock:) :)
    Chaper 10 and Chapter 7 remain on the report for 10 years. It is a wise idea to pull your credit from each of the 3 credit reporting agencies once per year. You can do that at no charge by going to AnnualCreditReport.com If you are asked for a credit card number, you have entered the WRONG site. There is no charge for the credit report if pulled only once per year. Put lots of paper in the printer, the reports are excellent and very detailed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Credit Report [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldn't be there.. What steps do I take to rid this problem?

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

View more questions Search