Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 10:26 AM
    How do my water lines run?
    I would like to install a grab bar in my 1950's era house in the shower. The shower has a hot and cold water knob, a knob between them to select shower or bath faucet and the shower head is in a vertical line up from the center. To the left of the tub is a toilet with an old fashioned flusher (no tank, comercial like flusher). I would like to put the grab bar in the shower on the wall of the knobs/spout or over the toilet, but I have plaster walls and don't know where the pipes run. Help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 28, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Chances are that all the water supply lines are below the hot/cold handles and below the toilet inlet valve, except for the one vertical one going up to the shower. Vent pipes could be anywhere but most likely there's just one right behind the toilet. You find a stud with a stud finder or drill teeny holes, or use molly bolts. If you have tile, it can be a little tricky. There are grab bars with huge suction cups that have a clamp to create the suction. I don't know if they work or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost to remove/replace galvanized water lines in walls with copper lines. [ 3 Answers ]

The long water lines have been replaced under the house, but not the lines in the wall. What would the cost be for kitchen, 1 full and one 3/4 bath?

Can I cut through a sill plate to run 3 in plumbing lines [ 1 Answers ]

I am making an eclosed porch into a bathroom with a tub, toilet and lav. My question is being that this is a enclosed porch with a crawl space below it can I cut through the sill plate to run the 3 inch line to connect it to the main?

How do I find out where drain lines run in basement? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to put a 1/2 bath in my basement but I'm not sure where my drains run. A 4" drain runs down from an upstairs bath in the Northwest corner (I'll call this drain1). A second drain from upstairs also runs down in my garage (South and West of the basement). I think the sewer main is in the...

How to run lines on furring strip block wall. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. What materials do you use to run new lines, (new construction) on a block wall that will be furred out? For example, how do you secure the lines, what size boxes, etc. Will be running a few outlets and swiches. Will I have overfill violations by going box to box? They will have to...

Can I run Supply lines in outside wall [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NJ and am remodeling a bath. Can I run my supply lines to the shower in an outside wall? If so any recommendations or hints concerning this?

View more questions Search