Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Mar 28, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Will vitamin E help reduce the appearance of my old, silver stretch marks?
    Hi. I'm a 20 year old girl. I've had stretch marks ever since I was younger then 11. I have them A LOT on my stomach and thighs and upper arms. I currently went from 225 pounds to 189 and am still losing. After I finish losing the weight, I want to be able to show off my body a little bit, but won't be able to because of these unsightly stretch marks. My stretch marks are REALLY old and silver and thick. They even kind of pucker a little bit. I've heard and read that breaking open vitamin E capsules and rubbing the oil on my stretch marks regularly, daily, will help them diminish over time. Is this true? Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to get plastic surgery at all, so this is kind of my only hope. If the vitamin E doesn't actually help, what else do you recommend that does?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 28, 2011, 04:12 PM

Vitamin E is good. You could buy a cream with vitamin E instead of breaking open capsules.

Cocoa butter also helps with stretch marks. There is also a stretch mark cream called Mederma that you could try.
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Mar 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
    Comment on XOXOlove's post
    I was reading about the Mederma stuff online and it says that older, silver stretch marks won't respond well to it. /:
    And cocoa butter had never really worked for me.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 28, 2011, 04:28 PM

You could try the vitamin E then. Perhaps using a retinol cream with it will help.
    The last option would be to ask a dermatologist. The doctor can do a microdermabration treatment on the marks or prescribe a cream.

You could even try using an at home cleansing or microdermabration system before applying creams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to know how I can reduce the appearance of my acne scars. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you guys. Recently (within the past 6 months or so) I've been developing acne that's deeper under the surface and hard to get rid of. Some of them have left mild scars. They're reddish and slightly raised. I can cover them up pretty nicely with my make-up but I want them to just go away....

Stretch Marks [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid or reduce stretch marks on your thighs?

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

OK so this morning when I was getting dressed I didn't have any. Then when I went to bed on my one breast there were three dark stretch marks I was freakin out I don't know how I got and I am only 19 and I don't want this to stick with me and I want to know what would be the reasons for this to...

Why ? Stretch marks? [ 2 Answers ]

Why do we get stretch marks, I'm not fat I'm a healthy size 10 , but I don't understand I have them on my bum my legs back of my knees my theighs and boobs?

Stretch marks! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 19... 5'6 height n 180 pounds... my problem is that am having stretch marks aroung my butt and stomach area..!. I am not married... or pregnant... lik that... but is it because of my weight gain that the stomach stretches... I really don't want any stretch marks bfore marriage!. wht can I...

View more questions Search