Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
    I have really fast metabolism, what foods should I eat to maintain my energy level.
    When I eat I have a rush of energy but it never lasts longer than an hour or two. What types of foods help people with a fast metabolism maintain their energy level throughout the day without crashing so soon.
    Theshadowguy3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 09:58 PM
    Pasta. I've heard from some athletes at my school that breaded shrimp is the way to go also.
    LeonaDy Posts: 26, Reputation: -3

Apr 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Everything sugar filled is short term energy, so stay away from energy drinks and candy. Fruit and vegetables are high in vitamins which helps reduce fatigue. So, even tough fruit are short term energy, I suggest including them for that benefit. Pasta, rice and whole grain bread are perfect because they provide long lasting energy. You should also try nuts and eggs because they are rich in protein. Then all types of meat are rich in protein but eating too much can weigh you down (in my opinion). Beans have a low glycemic index and absorb cholesterol, hence they are long lasting energy and they are very good for your health. The best high energy food for athletes is oatmeal. So, basically, it's not so much what you eat but how you eat it. Have a good breakfast (oatmeal here) and good portions of healthy food at lunch and dinner. Complete this with nuts as snacks. Most importantly, work out. A lot of people with fast metabolisms don't gain weight easily so they don't work out like they should. If that is your case, get at it because a healthy body doesn't crash easily. I also suggest getting a blood test. Sometime, without you knowing, you have a deficiency somewhere (like iron) that makes you so tired. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a 26 year old male, I weigh 145 lbs, with a very fast metabolism. I drank 3 sho [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old male, I weigh 145 lbs, with a very fast metabolism. I drank 3 shots, and 4 beers on Friday night. I had to take an ETG 60 hrs later will I pass?

Foods to help maintain a healthy and balanced nervous system [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I suffer from anxiety and find it hard to eat because I do not have an appetite. This problem alone causes so many issues on its own but it does not help the anxiety either. I eat A lot of fruit, and yougart. Its challenging for my stomach to stand anything else, it is so weak. ...

Soft foods the doctor has told my dad to eat, but what exactly can he eat! [ 1 Answers ]

My dad has had a heart attack and now is fearful of what he can eat because it was indirectly related to stomach pains he is having. The question is: What is a exact list of some good things for him to eat? I am fearful he will not eat anything, or much less, because he is fearful too! ...

How to maintain a healthy level of Insanity [ 10 Answers ]

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity:D 1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down. 2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

View more questions Search