Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GWilbur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Walking on Side of Foot
    My 17 year old son woke up one morning not able to walk on his foot. His foot has curved and is forced to walk on the side of his foot. I took him to an urgent care where they took x rays. No break, no sprain. The side of his foot was bruised and swollen but the pain was on the opposite side in his ankle. They recommended an orthopedic foot doctor. I took him to the ortopedic doctor. He ordered a ct scan. He had a CT scan which came up clean. The ortho doctor said it was due to (mental) stress and provided a knee high foot brace but no medication and no physical therapy and to have a good day. Now what? I would guess he needs help with dealing with stress. But what do I do to help him get his foot flat? It's been two weeks. Have you ever heard of this? Thank you.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 22, 2007, 01:45 PM
    You should follow-up and vist an orthopedic foot doctor as recommended by your primary Physician. If you son is bothered by the way that he walks or is stressed by the amount of time he walks, he may need to used the support brace until his feet or ankle is fully healed.

Personally, I would investigate his shoes and determine if he walks on the side (as in bowleged or knock-kneeded) which can cause injuries such as these to its structures. I am sure if you look at his shoes, you may where his soles wear and find evidence of the way that he walks.

If there is no appearent evidence that this brusing is due to him walking, this may be an injury that has occurred as a result of bad shoes, such as low tops instead of high tops. Low tops can causes stress on the way a person walks frequently, because there is little support around the ankles, even though the person may not notice it or feel any pain.

So as a start, check out these areas and if you still see no obvious reason, your son may be able to provide you with some enlightment. For example, there had to have been some type of irritaion prior to his bruising.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain on side of Foot [ 3 Answers ]

I have pain on the outside of my right foot. I had an ankle sprain on my LEFT foot that I have been rehabbing for months now (reinjured twice) and I now have developed a pain on the RIGHT foot. The bone that is about half way between my heel and little toe on the side of my foot is sore to touch....

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Side of foot pain [ 10 Answers ]

I am having pain on my right foot on the side. It is painful if I walk a lot and with certain shoes. Even aerobic sneakers make it painful

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

View more questions Search