Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    promise123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 07:45 AM
    I have student visa with my dependent for UK, can my dependent work full time
    I have student visa with my dependent for UK, can my dependent work full time?
    worthlessfem Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
    Is your dependent British or from a European Union country? If he or she is then the answer is yes. If not, then the answer is a qualified yes.

He or she would need to apply for a work permit in order to be able to work (that's true for part-time as well as full-time work).

Yes, there IS some "cash in hand" work available but it's generally poorly paid, lousy types of job and it's also illegal!

Best to try to get a work permit first. Apply to the British Consul and they'll give you a detailed answer but that's the basic principles of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Can I work for full time in uk if I go on a dependent visa? [ 3 Answers ]

"My wife has a post study work visa in UK & i have to follow her, if i get the dependent visa on her can i work full time in UK"

Can I work full time on dependent visa in uk? [ 0 Answers ]

My wife works for \infy india and now she is in uk macclesfield for her project, so if I go there can I be able to work there full time, I am finance guy here I'm working with BNYMELLON

Can I still claim a full time student as a dependent when he has filed for his own [ 1 Answers ]

My son is a full time student who received income for his internship program with his school . However, he is still fully financially supported by us. Can we still claim him as a dependent on our taxes?

22 year old Full Time Student = Dependent? [ 2 Answers ]

Our son is 22 years old and a full time med student. Although he lives away from home, we support him for more than 50% of his living expenses. He has no other income except for student loans that he has taken out for tuition. Can we claim him as a dependent on our income taxes?

View more questions Search