Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ML6392 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 04:09 AM
    I think I have a learning disorder?
    I think I have a learning disability. I am 14 years old in grade 9 and ever since I can remember I have had trouble taking things in at school.
    I cannot concentrate in maths, english and social studies. When any teacher is talking and writing on the board I try so hard to concentrate. But I cant, its like everything their saying/writing is going in one ear and out the other. I have tried taking notes but it just confuses me because I'm consentrating more on writing and not what the teacher is saying. Please help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2011, 07:19 AM

Ask to be tested - the school should have people on staff or could refer you to someone outside of school.

What do your parents say about this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 07:19 AM

Ask your parents to have you tested. Its something that can't be done over the internet but it sounds like you have some kind of problem. It may be as simple as a different approach and not a disability at all.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2011, 07:43 AM

Everyone has a different way of learning, but it can be broken down into 3 sections.

Doing.
    Seeing.
    Hearing.

I agree with other posters to get tested to rule out a learning disability, and ask about learning styles for you and which one you could be, with that information you can learn whatever you want by adapting your learning style to what's being taught in the classroom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E-Learning [ 1 Answers ]

Self learning through internet

Distance learning or traditional learning [ 4 Answers ]

which is more better distance learning or traditional learning?:)

Learning disorder [ 3 Answers ]

I was always had a hard time learning. I had real hard time concentrating, words disappear while I'm reading books with white backgrounds, and it's real frustrating. I just recently got glasses Can anyone recommend ANYTHING to improve and comprehention? I have to tell you that high school...

Learning c++ [ 4 Answers ]

I have tried learning C++ and directx but it is hard to have it sink in. Is there a book for People like me who are total idiots? I have looked at the dummies c++ book but don't like that one. What about online lessons? workerbee

Still learning. [ 23 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/history-girlfriend-me-115085.html https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/all-fault-119875.html Just a little update. I went to see my counselor toady. Just got back. I also talked to my ex today. The ex does not trust me. She is having...

View more questions Search