Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coonhunter8137 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
    My employer considers me salary on a 50 hour work week and pays me a rate of 700 week
    My employer considers me on a 50 hour salary ,paying 700.00 weekly ,but if I only work 48 or anything less than 50 hours a week they pay me only straight time ,what I'm saying is that if I work 45 hours they pay me 45 hours straight time ,I'm just wondering if that is legal
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 06:43 AM

You are either on salary, or not on salary.

Salary is not a set number of hours. If they deduct money if you work less than 50 hours , then you should be getting over time for over 40. ** assuming this is in the US

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you are a 40 hour per week salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If you are a 40 hour a week salaried employee and most weeks you work more like 50 if you work less than an 8 hour day occasionally does your employer still have to pay you?

Canyon Realty Co. Pays weekly salaries of $12,000 on Friday for a five day week endin [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how to answer this question.

Can my employer dock my salary for giving me a short week w/ pd holiday in it [ 2 Answers ]

The week of New Years, our employer sent everyone home midday the day before New Year's Eve. He told us surprise and enjoy the holiday. My salary was docked $100 for that week. When I asked why, I was told because it was a short week. Mind you, they did NOT do that to my check from Christmas week,...

Is it OK to work 95 hours a week on salary? [ 1 Answers ]

For over a year, I have been worked as a chef and Director of Food Services for a Private college. 9 out of 12 months of the year I work between 85-106 hours a week. It is a requirement for me to be there, because 90% of my workers are students. Which means I only have 8 staff member and feeding...

View more questions Search