Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerbouquet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
    He asked for a Break!!
    My life has not been stable since 4 years.ive been in 2 relationships that I ended with a break up! And the guy that I'm dating since 10 months has changed my life completely. I love the most and recently I had to move back to my home town as my contract was ended unexpectedlly...

We're basically living in a different country.but he has a job that allows him to visit me frequently.Ive been devastated due to my job lost that I loved the most as in this recession days its difficult to find a job.he know the fact that I'm down since..

We planned to get married since few months ago.. but now he is being the 'mamas boy' listening to his mom... she does not like me and he is stressed out.. he does not share with me lot about what he does on a regular basis no more. But I'm aware that he has a lot of women friends because whenever ill be having conference call with him he'll receive lots of text and calls.. and when I ask he says,its his guy frens..

How am I supposed to know if he is not lying? He did betrayed me once in the beginning of our relationship although he says he Love me,he does not care about me no more and he asked for break.? No idea how long?

I'm hurt he wants a break thou I'm far.but I never bugged him to talk to me 24/7!! I'm feeling miserable, and my thoughts are running wild!! Shall I wait for him?? Help me!?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 05:55 PM

You have had a lot of bad things happen in a short time but I think it best you focus on yourself and leave the mama boy alone so maybe you can get to a better place.

Sorry for your loss, but it will take time to sort out your frustration, and I hope you have friends and family around you to support you through your hard times.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 11:19 PM

I think you start,with the help of family and friend's to move on with your life-he betrayed you once,he keeps asking for breaks plus he is a mummy's boy-huge red flags.

Take your time to heal,and realise that you are fine just being you.

You don't have to have a boyfriend,but when you are ready you'll meet someone who is nice,caring and who will treat you with respect.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2011, 05:59 AM

If he's a cheat, there's nothing you can do about it or anyway to find out for sure, but with your doubts, I think it's time to move on.

Since you have so much stuff going on in your life, you'd be wise to stop worrying about the mommy's boy and worry about getting yourself back on track. Why not just hang out with friends and concentrate on getting a new job and possibly a new fellow?

Mar 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
    Thank you very much... it really helps but I love him loads! And there is no way I can forget him. I'm in a deep depresion and frustation since he asked for break.its 3 months since I'm looking for job and can't find nytin suitable and I'm isolating myself frm my freiends as I don't like to share my personal issues with them thou I know my frens will be there to support me and stand by me if anything goes wrong.he promise to call me within 1 week and still he has not called? He texted earlier today telling me tat he is going through some financial problem and he has debts to pay off.. he is choosing his mom over me.he will be visiting his mom thou he had visited her last week.but sadlly,I'm left out since 35 days.but I heard from some of our mutual frens in Facebook tat he is partying and having fun! How can he possiblee do tat when I'm in a state of depression.he told me he needs a break! but for what?? when I asked him what's actually the problem he is gon through... he gave me a 'clue' which is 'bad' and 'us'. I have done anything.but been faithfull,honest truthfull to him.I want to understand him.but he just wants to be alone to have fun!!
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2011, 09:12 AM

Then you start by getting help for your depression,make an appointment to see your doctor,and do please reach out to your friends.

Mar 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Thanks guys.really appreciated.ive meet the therapist n have called a friend to share.. and it really helped.thank u again.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 05:27 PM

You keep taking care of yourself and leave this guy alone. He is not worth it.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 11:15 PM

You're on the right track now,keep going.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend asked for a break [ 171 Answers ]

Threads merged I dated this girl for about 8 months. She was away at college when we started dating, she goes to school about 40 minutes from where I live. The relationship was great, we did everything together and had a loving relationship. When she went back to school after summer things...

Girlfriend asked for a break. [ 22 Answers ]

I know this is going to seem typical, but I completely understood where she was coming from when she said it. She told me, she wants more than anything to be with me. However, she said we should take a break, have some time to build up our friendship and strengthen our bond, before being a couple...

She asked for a break and I'm a mess [ 29 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have been together for only two months. Very short I know but the relationship took off at full speed. We are both 27 and live in New York with hectic time tables. It has been 4 days since she asked for a break and it has been tearing me apart. Now I understand why she...

My boyfriend asked for a break, what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have two yrs together, and known each other for about 7 yrs. Lately he's been talking to his ex girlfriend a lot. I know he cares for her because there was a time in his life where he was going throw a lot and she was there for him so he lives with this thing that he feels like...

My boyfriend asked for a break [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me 4 days ago that he wanted a break.. we have been dating for 2 months. I had to ask quite a few times what was wrong because he was looking really glum and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He said that his parents where putting too much pressure on him and that he has so much to...

View more questions Search