Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tumbz Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 01:33 PM
    How to install a Trunk Latch on a Honda Civic 2001? STEP BY STEP for a newbie?
    I know this is a stupid question, but I have never done this before.

Can you guys give me a step by step on how to change this?

I already half way took it APART but am having a little problem.

I understand that it is just 2 x 10mm bolts holding the latch on the trunk, but after taking off the 2 screws, the latch is still connected by 3 things.

1) an electrical wire. - can I just pull this off and reconnect to the new latch?
    2) a wire that is from the inside of the car to release. - it is stuck onto the latch via a BALL ON THE END, can I just wiggle this ball out and reconnect to the new latch?
    3) the very top of the latch is connect to like a plastic thing. What should I do with this?

THANKSSSSS IN ADVANCE.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 03:32 PM

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. I believe it's just a cover, which should be replaced.

Mar 26, 2011, 03:37 PM
    THANKS TXgreasemonkey!

Mar 27, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Ok.

#1 and #2 works just fine.

#3, the plastic thing is actually the tip that connects to the KEY LOCK from the outside!. I almost broke it! HAHA.

How should I remove that part? Its connect via a long metal rod that goes to the KEY LOCK to open the trunk from the outside. It doesn't just snap off. HMMMM...
    Nuts4Cats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 02:05 PM
    I'm stuck on the same three things, especially the last. Did you ever find the answer to disengage the plastic part in the hole of the long rod?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to wire and install potlights? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased a set of 6 potlights for our kitchen. There are instructions in the box, but they are not as "step-by-step" as I would like.

Tell me step by step how to replace a ignition of a '91 honda accord lx [ 2 Answers ]

Please. I lost my car keys and I can't afford to have one made. I bought an ignition ad can't get the old one out. Please help me. Jen

View more questions Search