Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bennettp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Blower Running but no heat is coming out
    My central heating and air unit stopped putting out warm air last night. I woke up freezing. The blower will still run but no warm air will come out. What steps do I need to take before calling a repairman?
    alan6271 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettp
    My central heating and air unit stopped putting out warm air last night. I woke up freezing. The blower will still run but no warm air will come out. What steps do I need to take before calling a repairman?
    I had the same problem. The problem was the flame sensor. I have to clean it every year. Shut the furnace off at the switch on the furnace. Remove the flame sensor and clean it with an emery cloth. Re install it and turn the switch back on. Make sure all the covers that you remove are put back in place before you turn it back on.
    bennettp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettp
    Where might this flame sensor be found? I have a carrier unit.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 24, 2007, 08:31 AM
    It will look like the one below or similar and be located near
    The burners tips...

alan6271 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
    You may only be able to see the back half of it which is the part with the blade on it for the electrical connection. It'll be held in with a hex head (probably) screw.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor won't stop running [ 6 Answers ]

Hello to every one, maybe someone can help with my problem. My furnace blower motor will not stop running. When the t-stat calls for heat it blows warm air after the heat cycle the blower blows cool air,so it's kind of working against its self. The only way the blower will shut off is if you turn...

Weedeater Featherlite blower - quit running [ 7 Answers ]

My weedeater featherlite gas blower stopped running all of the sudden with no notice. I checked the gas and spark plug (not fouled), but I even tried a new plug and it won't start, or even try to start. I also tried starting fluid. It will turn over, but not start. Does anyone have any...

Furnace on but no heat coming out of vents [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a natural gas furnace that's about 7 years old, in a house I just bought this summer. Today I was noticing that it was pretty cold, so I turned up the furnace. It went on, but after a while I noticed that there was no air coming from the vents. I tried to turn it off and on again but...

Heater blower turns off after running for couple of hours [ 3 Answers ]

I have a trane xl80 furnace. It was working fine till a week back when I woke up one morning smelling some kind of strange smell (not exactly a burnt smell but similar). I found the furnace working and the blower was off. I realized that to be problem and hence turned the heater off. The fan would...

Musky odor coming from heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a humidifier to our furnace in February. Could it be causing the musky odor that we periodically get from the vents? What is funny about it is that the smell is not there 24/7 and when it is present it comes more from one or two vents only. If that makes any sense.

View more questions Search