Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlrad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Tub drain is an inch offset from old tub
    I installed a new tub and the drain opening is an inch closer to the rear wall than the old tub. My problem is the PVC piping for the drain is also an inch off whereby the overflow/drain vertical pipe doesn't quite match up with the drain pipe. I bought an overflow/drain connection kit from Home Depot and I believe it's more plastic than PVC. The real problem is if I connect the verical pipe to the drain pipe and connect the drain portion to the tub drain hole the overflow will not line up. I'm trying to be as detail as possble without being confusing. My thoughts were to cut the vertical overflow pipe and use some kind of flex piping or some kind of offset connecter. I would like to take this route because it seems to be the easiest fix since I've already install the tub. I don't know much about a connectors or flex tubing. Can someone please help. Remember that I'm using an tub overflow/drain tubing kit and I believe it may be plastic and not PVC if this matters.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Short of cutting out the trap and raiser an d positioning it under the tub waste a flexable connection's your only option. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Covert washer drain to tub drain? [ 3 Answers ]

My downstairs bathroom used to also be the laundry room, but I have relocated the laundry room. I am looking at adding either a tub or a shower unit to the bathroom. Can I covert the old washer drain into a tub drain? I am trying to avoid digging up concrete.

View more questions Search