Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Away from the crowds in New York.
    After his divorce and having spent almost all his life in the crowded confines of New York , Cal decided it was time to change his entire life style.

He decided to buy some land in Alaska where he could be as far away from crowds and noise as he could possibly be , but still not have to live off the land.

He found a small cabin that sat in the middle of 640 acres of wooded mountains , meadows, and three streams running through it during the spring. Two of them went dry in the summer but one of them came from a spring and was steady year round. Almost heaven.

Well getting through the winter was not even close to heaven. New York had some big storms and it would get below 0 more than anyone liked but it was nothing like Alaska.

It snowed 5 , 6 , 8 , and one time 16 days straight dropping 18' of snow and reaching 46 below 0 twice.
    But he learned and worked hard and by spring was adept at most of the skills required to be an Alaskan.

He was inside having coffee when there was a knock on his door that almost scared him out of his chair because he realized he hadn't heard that sound for over 7 long cold months.

When he opened the door he was face to mid-chest with one of the biggest strongest most awe inspiring mountain of a man he had ever encountered in real life.

The man smiled through his bushy black beard and stuck out a hand the size of a suitcase saying, "I'm your neighbor ! The name is William Barnes, call me Billy."

Cal couldn't help but bust a grin as he looked at his tiny kindergarten looking hand be completely engulfed in Billys then shaken until Cal was worried he may have a sprained wrist , elbow, and shoulder.
    "I'm Cal" , He said. "Moved here from New York last fall."

Billy chuckled and said, " I know , we look into the backrounds of folks who are going to be our neighbors. Sometimes we're here for 6 months with no way out, we don't want any trouble makers living so close."

"Close." Cal asked furrowing his brow. "I was told all the places here were a square mile. 640 acres."

"They are." The big man replied, "Kinda cozy aint it?"

They both chuckled and walked out into the yard.

Billy then said, "The reason I came over is we are having our annual Spring Break Out Bash. Attendance is a tradition we never break , so it's my place at 8 next Saturday and we'll get ya started."

What could he say? Besides , it sounded like a good time.

"What are the parties up here like? " Cal asked. "I really have no idea."

Billy grinned until he looked like a piano , "Great parties , great great parties."
    "Always tons of the best food you can imagine. And we have an excellent winery as you will find out for yourself , you do like wine don't you?" Billy asked.

"Love it , "

"The dance starts at 10 and the real fun starts." Billys eyes glowed as he went on, " had 4 fights last year ! ! Wooohooo , nothing a butterfly bandage and a medium splint couldn't fix," he winked and let out a snicker, then lowered his voice, and even looked around as if seeking spies that were trying to overhear what the men were saying."

" Now it is time for sex. Lots of it, so much pent up energy and anticipation this place goes all out wild. " You are in for the night of your life city boy." Billy almost screamed it he was so excited.

Cal felt a gigantic redfaced grin grow on his face and another gigantic potential was beginning to come to life .
    He was glad Billy had turned to leave because he didn't know how far his potential was going to go.
    Right then a question popped up in his blood lacking brain and he yelled after Billy,
    " Hey ! Billy ! what should I wear?"

Billy stuck his monster hand up in a casual wave and said,

" Hell, that don't matter, .....just gonna be you and me."
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 06:47 AM

LMAO!! Sounds like some of the people we have here around the Mississippi River Bottoms.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 06:49 AM

Now SQUEEEEEL like a pig!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    LMAO!!! Sounds like some of the people we have here around the Mississippi River Bottoms.
    They don't call 'em river bottoms fer nithin mam.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace comes on for a couple seconds. Then shuts off. But if power is reset it comes back on for a couple seconds again. Flame sensor? Gas valve?

York furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York furnace model # p2udd12p07601c. The problem I am having is when the funace starts up, occasionaly I can see the coil igniter light up and 30 seconds later or so the flame ignites by the igniter coil but only for a second and then it goes out without igniting across to the flame...

New York or Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

I think my mom hates me cause I remind her of my dad && I'm not the best daughter In the world I mean I'm 17 I have a b.f she hates I droped out of high school && I haven't been working but my brother droped out of high school 2 years ago && he's 19 now and he does nothing but sit on my space all...

Blower by york [ 2 Answers ]

I have a york furnace an inotice that the blower is not running strong when the air is no?

What can I do? In New York [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle was caught DUI in 1996 with his mistress in the Bronx. He hit and killed the person he hit. He then kicked his mistress out of the car and ran back to Queens . At that point he took the money for our house and ran to Italy with it and never came back. If he comes in the states , he will be...

View more questions Search