Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john28 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2011, 02:41 PM
    White spots from Mequinol 10%
    I have some questions, I began to use mequinol 10% 12 days ago, and at exactly 2 days ago I started developing two little white spots in the side of my face, so my questions are the followings: are these white spots permanent? How can I avoid this from happening? Should I discontinue the treatment? I've been putting tape in the white spots when I applied the cream to my face, do you guys thing that might help and prevent it from growing?
    I've been using mequinol 10% pure, not mixed with anything else.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Mar 26, 2011, 08:55 AM
    I suggest you to stop using this cream immediately.
    This kind of side effect should not appear after two days (more like 6-12 months)
    Which means this cream that you are using probably contains steroids
    And believe me you do not want to mess with steroids, you will end up disfigured

Mar 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Thank you for your advise Nickol32. I don't get it, this is the regular Leucodinine-m cream that everybody been using from goldpharma, I think the problem is that I've been using it plain, by it self, no mixture with retin A or nothing. Now I started using it for the las 3 days with a retinol cream that I bought and I haven't see no more white spots developing, I hope this help, cause I really want to lighten my skin a little more. Do you think those white spots are permanent or they will fade away with time (re-pigmentation)? Now I'm a little scare, I don't want to mess up my face permanent.

Thanks again for your help.
    jimmylo0 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2011, 01:54 AM
    Next time get your Mequinol from dayscience
    Your Leucodinine-m is probably out of date or something..

Mar 30, 2011, 11:44 PM
    No matter how you turn it.. white spots or patches should apear after 2 mounts min
    Or 5 months max..
    Son't know who is "everybody" but 12 days is too short, and this product you got is too dangerous.

Mar 30, 2011, 11:48 PM
    jimmylo0
    How long do you use Mequinol?
    Did you achieve your goal?
    I also order from dayscience (monobenzone for my Vitiligo)

Mar 31, 2011, 09:10 AM
    jimmylo0:

I don't think I'm going to keep buying more mequinol, this is definitely a very dangerous chemical for me.

Mar 31, 2011, 09:13 AM
    jimmylo0:

I don't think I'm going to keep buying more mequinol, this is definitely a very dangerous chemical for me.

Mar 31, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Nickol32:

I don't know if it is to soon, all I know is that I used it for about 12 days and I develop 2 white patches on the side of my face. Now these white patches grew and multiplied a little more. I already stop using this chemical, and they still grew a little more. I think this chemical is still in my system.

Right now I'm just using the retinol cream, I heard that helps. I'm praying to God that these white patches are not permanent.

Mar 31, 2011, 10:23 AM
    I don't think it's permanent.

Apr 1, 2011, 08:12 PM
    Comment on Nickol32's post
    Ufff, thanks god, I really hope is not. I heard that mequinol is semi-permanent, not completely permanent like monobenzone.
    from heaven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Any way, I have used sure white acitive gel, and it works really fast!! but it seems there is a fake/ less active one that's now more in circulation called sure white strong toning gel. I used it when I ran out of the active gel and didn't see the super quick results I got with the active gel. I didn't see any results at all except I got a few tiny bumps on my face.
    The effect of the active gel fades, so you must apply this cream at least twice every week to maintain your desired complection after you have achieved it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

White spots on my penis [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old and since puberty I've had fordyce (white little spots) all over my penis... and I really hate them!! Surely there is some way that I can get these spots removed or lasered? It would do a lot foe my confidance. Can anyone help me??

White spots [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and haven't had sex, but I just noticed that I have 5 or 6 pimple looking dots on my vigina I don't know what they are our what to do! Please help!

Little White White spots all over my arms. Monobenzone user [ 43 Answers ]

I have been using it for almost 2 weeks but not every day. I have started using it twice a day and then decided to slow it down and use it once a day. I have mixed the 20% with my body lotion and that's how I used it. At the beginning I noticed that my skin got brighter and no side effects and...

White spots on Nails! [ 2 Answers ]

OK Yeah I've been reading a bit about the white spots, they might be caused by slamming into something but lately to say the least I have not smashed a nail at all! I've had these white spots on my nails since I was maybe in 5th grade and I'm now in 10th. OK yeah 5 years am I missing something? ONe...

View more questions Search