Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shay17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Tenn bank lien for child support?
    THE child support case in question was dropped the child that is now 26 years old. The bank account has been
    Frozen and the state of tenn is now playing games. They referred him to nashville, but they state that he only needs to have his hearing through them. That the city of Memphis can released the funds. Now the caseworker won't
    Return any phone calls and the supervisor either. He discovered that this case had been reactivated after all
    This time.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 12:17 PM

Sounds like you need to get a lawyer and take the appropriate state agency and or bank to court to get your money and to unfreeze your bank account.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 06:31 AM
    We really do need some additional information to give you our best answer. Were there arrears on the original case? If there were, (especially if there was money owed to the state), they do have a right to continue to pursue the collection of past support. The arrears will still be there even after the case is closed, and some states really do enforce inconsistently. (Eg: they pop up after a long period looking for payment) I would suggest getting a through description of what the child support dept. says is owed and when it is from. If there were no arrears or money owed to the state, you really do need a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on bank account for child support [ 5 Answers ]

I just found out that there is a lien against my bank account for child support. How can this be? I am the primary account holder on this account. The person that owes childsuport is just on the account. Will the lien be raised from my account.

Lien on bank account for child support [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has his own business and recently his business got slow and has been making only half or a little more then half of his child support payment. He just got a letter saying they put a lien on his bank account but there is not enough money in the account to pay his back payment. What does he...

Child support bank lien [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I currently live in the State of Texas. I suppose to have a child in Chicago, Illinois in which I never got any DNA test done, in order to validate weather or not the child is mind. It's been well over 7 years that I left the State and moved on with my life. While checking my account...

Child Support Lien on Bank Accounts [ 8 Answers ]

My husband just received a notice in the mail that the attorney general is putting a lien through a bank that he used to have a bank account with. My question is that, we had heard about this happening about 3 months ago, so we canceled all the accounts that we had together and just put them all in...

Child Support Lien on bank account [ 22 Answers ]

We discovered this evening that our bank accounts were frozen by child support. We have had no notification of this from anyone. My husband has 3 children from his previous marriage About 2.5 years ago my husband lost his job due to serious illness when he got a new job the salary was...

View more questions Search