Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmaguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 08:23 AM
    IUD Inserted and pregnant.. what are the risks
    :confused:I had a IUD inserted and later found out that I was 5 weeks pregnant, they removed it 3 days after it was put in. I am now 9 weeks and have some concerns about late term miscarage and birth defects. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what was the out come?
    My dr. told me that if I was going to miscarry it would have happened shortly after removing the IUD. But I am still so nervous.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 22, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Your Doctor may sound kind of non-shelunt, but he is correct. Most of miscarriages that occur, the removal may trigger a miscarriage.

Secondly, infection has also been a cause of miscariage and birth defects with IUD's. Since your Physician has evaluated you, you should be in the clear.

However, if you begin to experience severe cramping or increasing pain in lower abdomen - especially if it's only on one side, Unexplained fever and/or chills, Pain or bleeding during sex, or Increased or bad-smelling vaginal discharge you should contact your Doctor right away. These can be a sign of misscarriage or infection.

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 14 Answers ]

I used a copper IUD for five years after my second son. I had my IUD removed about 2/3 months ago. Had unprotected sex, just using the withdrawal method with no ejaculations. Since the removal of my IUD I became a bit late with my period, late 2-5 days. Now I'm 15 days late with no pregnancy...

IUD and brown spotting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I am 27 yr. Had an IUD placed over a year ago. Have PCOS. Periods have been rock steady until 2-3 mo ago. I have used pregnancy test, negative. I am having brown spotting constantly now for past 1-2 months, Not one day goes by that I do not have spotting, with cramping just...

Risks to pregnancy while taking Zoloft [ 10 Answers ]

What are risks to developing fetus while on Zoloft? Would like to hear from anyone who has had experience of a pregnancy and if your child has had any repercussions.

View more questions Search