Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wenander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 09:41 PM
    We live on an older farm , the toilets rarely flush efficiently 2nd flush is required
    I liv
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 06:15 PM
    How old are the toilets? Are the rim holes open? Commonly blocked with well water, particularly if the water is hard. Is the water level in the tank at the proper depth? IS the lift rod or chain set properly? Lots of possible answers but you'll need to tell us a little more for some better answers.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jun 28, 2013, 11:17 AM
    I have come across an awful lot of old toilets that never flushed right. Whether due to bad vents or water pressure, I don't know. More efficiently flushing toilets are available for very reasonable prices today and are designed to flush very efficiently with less than a gallon of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

1.6 gal flush toilets [ 8 Answers ]

I had to replace a toilet that is 60' from the septic tank. How can I get it to flush once , not 3-4 times just to get it to sewer line much less to the tank? It is a 1.6 gal. flush. buddy2

Why are both toilets not finishing flush? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two toilets in my house, and the toilets are both old style toilets with large water capacity. Until about a week ago both toilets were flushing properly. Now both toilets need to be flushed about three times to get rid of all solids. I am on city sewer system. The toilets are not back to...

I have two toilets in my house. Recently both toilets have stopped fininshing flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets in my house and recently both have stopped flushing completely. Flush starts fine, but at end of flush toilets power seems to stall out. This system is on city sewer service, and until past week or so both toilets were fine. Now I am forced to flush toilets up to three times to...

My toilets won't flush properly. [ 1 Answers ]

We just had the pipe between the house and septic replaced as it had broken and the sewer all backed up into our house, everything seemed to be working fine for the first 2 days and now my 2 toilets (one on the first floor and one on the second floor) are acting up. When I flush them the bowl fills...

View more questions Search