Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanutbutter33 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Oxycotin Addiction
    Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA?
    What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting them up? Can you smoke them? Can they cause teeth to fall out?

Thanks
    piggyricky Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter33
    Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA?
    What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting them up? Can you smoke them? Can they cause teeth to fall out?

Thanks
    Hey bud . Oxy will kill you . Check out OxyContin Awareness and its other dangers I lost someone very close from shooting up oxy for 5 years. Started with a yellow 40 then finally ended shooting up five eightys a day. Run bro run from that . Its all bad.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I don't know how long it comes up in a urine analysis, but I think withdrawal takes a few days 3 to 10? It will depend to some degree on how much you've been taking. Don't know any of the rest. I don't think it will cause your teeth to fall out. I agree with piggyricky that you should not consider abusing them.
    KBLACK Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter33

Thanks

Hi Hun,

Boy.. I could write a book... My husband had back surgery in 1999 due to a farming accident... well, The surgery was a JOKE... so they decide to put him on this medication called oxycontin... back then I had never heard of it... now it is a totally different story... OXY IS BAD NEWS!! He is prescribed 6 40 mg tablets a day OR 3 80 mg tabs a day whichever the Doc decides to give him. Yes, you can take them by mouth, you can snort them(most preferred method from what I hear) you can shoot them up... but NO you cannot smoke them. Also, anything with a morphine base, which Oxy is, can be very hard on the enamel of your teeth!! Honey, listen to me... you want NO PART of OXYCONTIN... it has ruined peoples lives, people have lost their homes and more. The withdrawal makes you wish you were DEAD... I have read so many stories about people who have ran out of their script early and actually committed SUICIDE!! These pills sell on the street by milligram... 40 bucks for ONE 40 milligram pill and 80 to 100 bucks foran 80 milligram pill and believe me... PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT OF THEIR MEDS WILL PAY ANY PRICE!!

PLEASE PLEASE... if you want to talk more about OXY... send me aprivate message or whatever... I am in the process of writing a book... wanna know the title?? OXY KILLS SUBTITLE-------EVEYTHING YOUEVER WANTEDTO KNOWABOUT OXYCONTIN... there are a lot ofpeople outheehat need thisinfo.

PEACE AND TAKE CARE,

K
    freakyrunner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Hi,
    I'm 20 years old and I'm addicted to oxy. I quit my job as a server at Denny's so I could strip. It's the only way I can support my habit. I had no idea how many other girls are in the same boat as me. I thought strippers were into the hard drugs like coke and heroin, but over half the girls I work with are addicted to painkillers. And a lot of them are mothers who use to be well respected business women. I hate my life and the person I now am! I think about suicide all the time. I use to be a marathon runner, active mormon, college student, model... now I'm a college drop out, and a stripper, dancing for my next drug money. I graduated in 08, and was voted Miss innocent. I'm anything but that now. I don't know anyone that was recovered from oxy, which leaves me even more hopeless. You can smoke painkillers, I haven't actually done it, but I've been with people who do. Don't EVER try oxy, or painkillers in general! It's ruined my life and the person I once was. The withdrawals are excruciating!! I live the life as a pill popper. There's nothing glamour's about it. Any questions you might have send me a personal message.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 08:05 PM

Hi Freaky,
    You should start your own thread and maybe one of the moderators will move your post. But I wanted to say that you CAN get off the oxy. It's tough, but other people have done it. Your life is not over! If you make up your mind to taper off, you can do this. Depending on how much you've been taking, you'll need a few weeks where you don't have a lot of demands on you. Once you make up your mind to get off, you CAN. I want to say that I am a professional with two kids and I was given Fentanyl and methadone for pain control. I was on them for 3 years and I was able to get off last year. You can do this and have a good life back. In some ways you'll appreciate the good things so much more in the future. So bad as things are now, you have a good life ahead of you if you decide to have it. You have a college degree, you are young, and undoubtedly attractive. Turn your life around. (And please don't think about suicide for a while.)

Is there a friend you could stay with for a few weeks while you go through gradual withdrawal? Do you have enough money to taper off the oxy without working, instead of going cold turkey?

Rooting for you,
    asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Devoloping An Addiction [ 22 Answers ]

About maybe 4 months ago I stopped smoking weed and I was doing really good. Job hunting and everything. Started going to a commuinity college and keeping myself busy. Then 4 months later *now* about maybe 4 weeks ago.. I started going to this guys house across the street and there all...

Spouse Addicted to Oxycotin [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am going through a difficult time right now and need some emotional support and some extra prayers. My husband was and most likely is still addicted to Oxycotin. 1 1/2 years ago he really flipped out on Oxycotin. He didn't work for over 4 months, laid in the bed 24 hrs. a day and did...

Vicodin Addiction [ 1 Answers ]

After being on Vicodin, (hydrocodone/APAP) for 8 months, I became severely Addicted and went through terrible withdrawal coming off it. I am now on a Fentynal patch to help with my back pain, but I am continuing to have cravings for vicodin. How common is vicodin addiction and what can be done to...

Family addiction [ 5 Answers ]

My brother whom is 19 years old is a heroine addict and is living in my parents home. My parents have tried everything to get him help. He has gone to rehab and relapsed, nothing seems to be working. What other options can be taken?

View more questions Search