Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryanshirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Wait6000 humidifier controlled by Noma THM501 thermostat
    I have just installed a Noma THM501, 5+2+2 digital thermostat with humidity indicator. I'd like to use it to control my Wait 6000 furnace mounted humidifier as the humidity sensor on the humidifier does not seem to be accurate. The sensor on the thermostat seems to more accurately reflect the humidity level in the house.

The thermostat has 2 wires for humidifier control and from what I can tell, the humidifier has two wires controlling the water delivery solonoid. Can it be as easy as connecting the 2 wires from the thermostat to the two wires on the humidifier?

Thanks in advanoce to anyone who can provide advice/guidance/words of wisdom.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 22, 2007, 10:03 AM
    You would have to see if the humidifier is 24 volts or 120 volts. If 24 volts, you should be able to hook it up if the thermostat you have puts out 24 volts on those 2 wires when calling for humidity...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma Thermostat [ 9 Answers ]

Just moved into a house that has a Noma Programmable Thermostat Have no instructions how to use it . It is programmed now but have to change it to my lifestyle. If you could possible help me or where to get the instruction it would be great. Thank You

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I think this may be a typical problem with converting to a Noma programmable thermostat. I currently have a Sears model , 4 wire and a black wire (jumper?) going from RC to 4. There is also a disabled black wire coming from the wall but not connected to anything. Do I eliminate the black...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

Help wiring a fan controlled by thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a 24,000 BTU forced hot-water heater to be installed in my attached garage, but I'm having a tough time understanding how to wire the fan properly to a thermostat. Currently, I have a 5-zone plus priority 24 volt Argo AZ-6P (120 VAC) Zone Valve controller opperating 3 zones of my home...

View more questions Search