Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aheagney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Do you have to have a computer to use an iPod touch?
    I have a kindle that picks up wifi. Will an iPod touch automatically pick up the same signal that the kindle does?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 05:32 AM

You do if you plan to put music you already own on it. Depending on what you plan to do. You don't even need WiFi. An Ipod Touch is basically an Iphone... without the phone stuff in it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 06:08 AM
    You need to use iTunes to transfer files and install apps. That's the main reason I don't buy Apple products. ITouch does have Wifi access for any apps, web or email access.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't my iPod TOUCH pick up the router and DNS numbers from my computer? [ 1 Answers ]

My new Ipod TOUCH won't connect to my internet. I did "connect" to my wireless internet (I put in the password and everything) but for some reason it will only pick up the IP address and Sebnet mask, not the required Router and DNS. Will someone please help me?

How to use iPod touch without computer [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought one of these and I can't use it, because it says connect to itunes, but I have no PC. I am at an internet café now and I can't install itunes because there must be admin rights... how do they expect people to use this?

How do I enable an iPod touch on a school computer? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom tried to enter my passcode to many times while I was gone and she disabled my iPod touch to where is says iPod disabled connect to itunes. And I can only enable it at school because she thinks this is my friends iPod and my mom doesn't want me having it, but I really bought the iPod with the...

Can people see my iPod touch internet history from their computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I am using my neighbor's wifi connection to access the internet on my iPod touch can they see the websites I've been to? By the way I have their permission to use their website

IPod touch and the new computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I've recently gotten a new PC, and I would like to ask two questions; If i install iTunes, and connect my iPod Touch for the first time, will it erase all my applications? Is there a way to transfer the applications from the iPod to the PC? I haven't downloaded iTunes yet, so I...

View more questions Search