Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennylondon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Smell in flat
    I hope someone can help me. I live in a second floor flat and some funny smells have been developing since we moved in in March last year. First it started with a fishy smell when we have been in the bathroom for a while and now more recently it has developed into an occansional musky/eggy smell and it seems to move around the flat.

We have a skylight, which drips due to condensation, my only thought is that it could be related to this, as its very old and probably needs replacing, can anybody help?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 03:55 AM
    It sounds like your friend and mine, hydrogen sulphide, which has a characteristic smell of bad eggs (it's what "flavours" flatulence). What is your water supply, bacteria that breed in stagnant water conditions can produce this chemical (Anaerobic conditions).

We have a very good plumbing expert here who might be able to help you further. Be patient :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foul smell in front entrance to home-onion smell [ 6 Answers ]

A really weird smell, like rotten onions, quite embarrassing because my home is kept spotless everyone comments on the smell right when they walk into the house. There is a shower stall in a bedroom above this entrance but we have snaked it and poured drain cleansers down it and also stopped using...

Dog smell in carpet from peeing how do I get the smell out/ [ 16 Answers ]

How do I get the dog pee smell out of my carpet?

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

Flat Paint [ 1 Answers ]

I have some flat latex paint and would like to use it in the bathroom. Is there anything I can add to the paint ot make it #1 semi glossy and #2 Mildew resistant?

Another flat panel question [ 4 Answers ]

I have been reading up on 19' flat panel monitors in anticipation of buying one. I am a little confused by the native resolution thing. I am over 50 years old and a little worried about text and picture imge size as I do a lot of online reading and a fair amount of photo processing. If I understand...

View more questions Search