Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonroney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 04:18 PM
    My fan switch wires are color coded different

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan 3way switch has 4 wires and new one has only 3 wires. How do I replace? [ 1 Answers ]

The 3-way speed switch on my ceiling fan broke. I bought a new switch from Home Depot. The original switch has 4 wires, pink, yellow, grey and black. They are labeled black-L, yellow-1, pink-2, grey-3(strip). New switch has 3 wires, red, blue and black. Labeled, black-L, red-1, blue-2. How I...

Different Color/ Extra wires on new Compressor fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

My Compressor fan motor stopped working last night. I noticed it when it was making a loud humming and buzzing noise. I gave it a few spins with a stick and it started spinning on its own but same problem when I woke up this morning. I purchased a new motor from Graingers today but the wiring is...

Matching color-coded wires on a light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a light fixture (I;m in the U.S.) and the box has a black and a white wire plus the ground wire, but my (European?) light fixture has blue, brown, and yellow-green. Can someone advise me on which wire should connect to the white and which to the black? Thank you for helping.

Color coded wires [ 4 Answers ]

This is a two part question: 1. I have a 28 year old Carrier furnace model #31MM220120 and need to know which wire color matches with the newer motor colors. In the furnace there are wires such as orange, white, beige... How do I match up the old color coded wires with the new color coded wires? ...

Wiring not color coded [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. New to site think its great Recently purchased home, built in 1957. I am installing new fixtures in the home and noticed the wiring is not color coded. What I have is 2 black wires and a bare copper . What I'm trying to figure out what is the "white" and "black" . Any help will be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.