Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Namaz and ramadhan
    Assalamualikum I'm now turning 21 girl ,I have previously neglected my duties as a Muslim and never prayed properly or fast ,I a ashamed of myself now and I want to make up for all those thing but I've missed so many I can't find the right answer of how to make up for them .please help me by telling me the right thing to do also I've heard that if you offer a salat in medina its equal to thousand of prayers not that I want to be lazy but could that be an option?

Jhazzakaalah
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Apr 1, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam.
    The strongest opinion I think is that you cannot actually ever make up for either of them. Some imams say you have to pray all those salaat you`ve missed again. It doesn`t sound reasonable, as the Messenger of Allaah -sAaws- has warned against going to extremes in worship, because it`s better that you do what you can keep, than to overload yourself and then give up.
    You have to repent to Allaah a lot. You should pray nawaafil often, because there is the Hadiith the on the Day of Judgement it will be said when a person is not coming with full record of obligatory prayers to Allaah in the near meaning that "see if there are in his optional prayers what can compensate for it". Especially in Ramadhan your optional salaat equals fardh salaat in other times according to Hadiith, and the night of al-qadr that is one of the nights in the last ten of Ramadhaan equals 1000 months according to Quran. And the Hadiith about the three Holy Mosques in Makkah, Madinah and Jerusalem, then they equal 100 000, 10 000, and 1000 salaat in other than them. Of course our beloved Prophet -sAaws- has told us these things that we would make effort to come closer to Allaah, and that we would utilize these opportunities, so it`s not about being lazy. These are gifts from Allaahs mercy that He has made many ways easy for those who seek His forgiveness and the way to Him, but the key is knowledge.
    And Allaah knows best.
    I`m giving you an address of a website that you can benefit so much from when it comes to your Religion, because these are all maa shaa Allaah good `ulamaa and students of knowledge giving nice audio-lectures, many languages.. so much. Try to start from eman - from tawheed. May Allaah accept from us and you our sincere repentance, and our turning to Him.
    Salaam.
    http://www.islamhouse.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Offer namaz in masjid [ 3 Answers ]

Can ladies or female can offer namaz in masjid standing in a same line or safa

Namaz [ 5 Answers ]

I haven missed so many prayers since I was 10 years old.now I'm 19 years old.I want to pray all my previous prayers as qaza.*** tell me can I do this for 9 yeasrs Fajjr prayer with 2 farz qaza Zohr prayei with 4 farz qaza Asser prayer with 4 farz qaza Mugrib prayer with 4 farz qaza Isha prayer...

Realty of namaz [ 2 Answers ]

Assalam o alikum I want to ask about realty of namaz... What your islamic study say about praying prayer in graveyard & What you say about construction of Masjid in graveyard In fact we have a Masjid in our near, but that Masjid is held in graveyard.that Masjid has graves in 3...

Mussaffarana Namaz [ 1 Answers ]

Asalamu alaikum please I want to ask a question regarding namaz for those peoples who go from one city to another for a week please kindly answer me . Neelam

Offering namaz [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamu aleikum Brother i am a shia muslim... i always have a confusion n doubt regarding namaz n its timing.. we recite zohar & asar together... n magrib isha together... kindly guide me in the light of quran e masjid... where it has proved wrong. Allah hafiz

View more questions Search