Ask
    foluola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2004, 09:22 PM
    Broadband technology
    What is broadband?
    Gkhster Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2004, 05:28 PM
    Re: broadband technology
    The term broadband simply refers to a data connection that is faster than using a phone line and a modem. (Currently 53-56k in the USA).

A partial list of these high speed connections is ISDN, DSL, Cable Modem, Satellite Internet, and T-1.

In a sentence:

I could never go back to dial-up access now that I've tried broadband!

I hope that helps.

Guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broadband connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP professional, previously when I switched I was connected to my server automatically nowadays however I have to connected manually, I have not changed my server or any details of my sever connection. I would like to return to the automatic connection and any help I can get to...

Faxing over Broadband [ 3 Answers ]

G'Day there, Just wondering if anyone knows if I can setup faxing over my broadband. I am starting to think that I have to use a modem for faxing rather than just the broadband itself, but would love to know if this is the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Flano..

Broadband ntl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can any one help,I have just switch over to ntl freedom broadband and it just keeps cutting off after a few seconds some time,s.The adsl light starts to flash,and I have to redial again. :confused:

Cheapest broadband in AUstralia? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the cheapest broadband Internet plan is available in Australia? Thanks

Broadband [ 1 Answers ]

My PC is a clon assembled in the USA with the name Powerspec. I use windows 98SE. Up to last week my connection to Internet was through phone line. But I decided to try broadband. The provider hooked a cable modem to the existing cable TV line. However, an integrated ethernet adapter (Davicom...

View more questions Search