Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Bogas Email
    Can anyone explain how the bogas email virus works (conceptually).

I received an email from someone in my address book that I have had no contact with in years, about a subject that the individual would not have sent. I am assuming that someone penetrated my address book because the individual is no longer located in the area and would not have the as ISP as 5 years ago.

Of course, I have no idea of what has gone out to other people under my screen name.

Did the spammer just pick up screen names from my address book and is faking the "From" address of the bogas email or did they some how get my password.

Is there anything I can do to prevent or stop this. I prefer not to give up my screen name. Even if I changed screen names I can't see how that would shut down the spammer.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone has hacked my email address book and is sending spam email to addresses in [ 2 Answers ]

Someone has hacked into my email address book and is sending spam to addresses from my book. How can I stop this?

My Ex Hacked into my email Account and changed the password and alternet email address [ 1 Answers ]

My email that was broken into was [email protected] and the alternet email address was [email protected]. My password and alternet email address was changed I think he might of even closed the account I have a lot of important contacts on that account it there any way you can reset the password...

My Ex Hacked into my email Account and changed the password and alternet email address [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way you can reopen my account and reset my password for [email protected]

How do I add verizon email to my default email server for intermet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

On the tool bar if you go to Intenet Options and to Programs Under which service does windows use for each Internet service how do you add verizon to the email user?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.