Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marmar86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Should I accept the invitation?
    There's a colleague of mine, I just started to be friends with.. like chatting in parties, and sharing music videos over Facebook since we are both interested in music...
    Well, he invited me to go out with him to listen to some live music during the weekend. I'm not sure if he's romantically interested or not. What I know is that I'm not interested that way and I just enjoy his company as a friend with whom I have some things in common.
    Should I accept his invitation? How can I know if it's a date or just a friendly suggestion?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2011, 03:13 PM

I think it'd be fine to go out to listen to music, but only if you tell him up front that you aren't interested in a romantic relationship with him and only want to be friends.

Mar 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Comment on Devorameira's post
    Wouldn't it be awkward if I told him this and he turned out not to be interested in the first place?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 05:18 PM

Making it clear doesn't hurt. Even if he doesn't feel the same way, at least the air is clear.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 07:22 AM

Awkward is better than assuming, presuming, and misunderstanding. Honesty clears the air so you both can know what the other is thinking, and expects of this friendship.

If you can share music, and good times, then the truth should be a piece of cake.

Mar 23, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Thanks all for your help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

Should I accept an Invitation for a Date? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a female friend whom I know professionally (we are both lawyers). Recently she invited me to lunch, and I accepted the invitation and we had a nice time. A week later (to return the favor) I invited her to lunch and that was nice too. Shortly after that, she invited me to a friend's house...

Invitation tissue [ 1 Answers ]

Where does the tissue go in the high school graduation announcement?

Invitation [ 4 Answers ]

If there is no phone number on the invitation to respond to and the invitation says "The favor of a reply is requested" does that mean you have to hand write a response? Blueeyes

Invitation [ 1 Answers ]

Could you tell me what the proper punctuation should be in the following sentence: "come join us on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 at 5pm.

View more questions Search