Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mathew595 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Firefox 4.0 doubleklick on the top is blocked by tabs, how to fix?
    If I maximize Firfox its not possible to undo it with the same doublklick on the "header" (see picture)

I was able to fix it with the custom style thing but really badly so I hope someone can help me.

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 22, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Looks like you have gone into Kiosk mode rather than full screen.
    Try pressing f11 to revert it to full screen.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 23, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Just for the heck of it, bring it up and try hitting the F11 key to see what happens. It probably has something to do with either the Firefox settings (if your using a beta version they can be buggy) or your desktops resolution is too small. When you first install an OS the desktop can be very small (640x480) and often you can't make it larger until you install the graphics drivers (safe mode loads as 640x480). Also browsers will often have system requirements that can include resolution. So if your maximum resolution is too small the window will go off screen. I have seen it before but I'm not familiar with the move function (you press some key or keys and get a circle with north south east west arrows inside) that can be used to right click and move the window down so you can manually resize it.
    BossMan

Mar 23, 2011, 06:56 AM
    Try this
    Firefox > Options > UNcheck "tabs On top".

This will move the tab bar BELOW the address bar and should allow for a double click.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2011, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Try this
    Firefox > Options > UNcheck "tabs On top".

this will move the tab bar BELOW the address bar and should allow for a double click.,
    Cool, didn't know that. To add to this thread I noticed that some themes and personas conflict with the UI.
    Mathew595 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Comment on Appzalien's post
    1690 x 1024 I don't think its to small. Also I am not using f11.

Again, if I double klick from small to big I can't undo it because the tabs are in the way -.-

But thanks for the help
    BossMan

Mar 24, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Matthew, what was the point in giving me an unhelpful rating when I made a perfectly valid suggestion?
    It doesn't really engender any willingness on our behalf to assist you further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix foot lock drain, when top came off [ 3 Answers ]

My kid took off the top of my foot lock drain. I have a spring sticking up out of the drain and can't seem to get the top back on. Do I have to completely replace the drain, or is this fixable? If so, do I need a plumber?

How to fix leak amer std commer commode at top [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I work for a HOA community where we have a pool house w/"commercial" or tankless commodes. I have found a leak on two of the commodes (been cold but not freezing) - in any case, they are both leaking out of the large, screw on top... They flush fine - just a slow drip leak. I...

Can I fix my broken corian counter top [ 2 Answers ]

I remove corian counter top with some friends and I broke it in 2 pieces right by the sink.. is anyway that I can fix that myself and how.. or I am going have to get professional to do it and if anyone know--how much it is going cost---average... crack about six inch away from the sink... all the...

View more questions Search