Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragster1090 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 06:23 AM
    How do I display the name of a shortcut to above the shortcut
    I have a program that blocks 95 percent of my screen and I can see the shortcut Icons but I cannot see the names of them. How do I have the name display above the shortcut Icon instead of below it? Please see the attachment of the top section of my desktop
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2011, 06:24 AM
    I don't see any attachment.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 06:45 AM

1. I don't see an attachment.
    2. You have a program that covers 95% of your screen??
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 23, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Since most applications pin themselves at or near the top of the screen, I put all my shortcuts at the bottom of the desktop. That way the icons get covered but the names will show. Especially if I can use the window sizer to bring it up a little (if you move your mouse very close to the border it will change to an up down arrow [top bottom] or side to side arrow [left right] and left clicking allows you to drag the window to the exact size you want), not all programs will allow you to do that and most will only offer that function when your out of full screen and into the smaller screen.
    dragster1090 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 07:50 AM
    I have added the attachment again for those who couldn't see it
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dragster1090 View Post
    I have added the attachment again for those who couldnt see it
    Where?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I have W/2000. When I boot up I get a message on my desktop with a Yellow triangle. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'GStartup.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I just remove...

Shortcut for Bullets [ 2 Answers ]

What shortcut is used to insert Bullets.

Shortcut using XP, IE7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have IE7, XP and am trying to create a shortcut from a website (my email log-in page). I've created the shortcut but when I open it I get the box that says: Choose the Program you want to use to open it. I highlight Internet Explorer and click the Always Use button at the bottom. Every time...

Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know when I inserted the disk the window shows The yellow triangle sign with problem shortcut and said The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD Drive.lnk' refers to is unavailable.Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then...

Shortcut keys gone? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: How can I fix my desktop shortcut keys? The website shortcuts on my desktop won't open anymore? Can someone help? Thanks :eek: :eek:

View more questions Search