Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jan 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I can CHEER Again!
    Hey you!! GUESS WATTT?? My back doctor gave me the blessing to start working on gymnastics again!! I am so psyched I can't wait to start working on it so here is my plan.I am going to skip middle school cheerleading tryouts and start getting ready for Freshman year when I will hopefully be cheering for either Varsity(goal) or JV.ANYWAYZ I am going to start running\walking with my friend at the track and I ordered a excersise program called Turbo Jam and I am going to try really hard to do it every day.I am going to start stretching before I go to bed and in the morning,and try to start working on my roundoff,cartwheel,backwalkover and backbend.Once I get those down and can do a roundoffbackwalkover, I will try to join a gymnastics class.I will work on my jumps and kicks and start working on my dance routine(which I will have a million questions on) and all that.Maybe for my birthday I ask for sum cheer dvdsMaybe.So basically during the summer I will be working on strength,flexibilty and some gymnastics and jumps,then during the school year.I am just really nervous about going to a gymnastics class and being like a beginner, so that's why I am going to work on it first.OMG I am so excited!
    Okay here are my questions

Your opinion of my plan and anything you want to add to it.

Prep for Gymnastics, namely roundoffs,cartwheels and backwalkovers and backbends and maybe early prep for backhandsprings.

Jumps help(TOETOUCH AND HERKIES AND FRONT HURDLER)

ANY HELP WITH DANCE ROUTINE IDEAS.

JUST PLAIN ADVICE

Please Help me I am a total beginner!! :) :) :) :) :):)
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Good for you!! 4 tumbling I would suggest doing lotza pushups + situps (belive me, they help) I would also suggest pushups 4 your motions. When your cheering make sure you warm your voice up+ down. Leg lifts help toe touchs 2. for a dance rotine I would suggest doing several toe-touchs (or backhandsprings if you have them) to make it more intresting. Just make sure you doing over do (3 is a good amount) Spirt after every cheer/dance/jump.. When you tryout, try not to get to intimadated by the juges. Rember that they are people 2 and if you mess up just keep going and smileing! If u really mess up, ask them 2 let you re do it. Usually they let u. hope this helped! Good luck :)
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Thanks cc24! I'm glad someone answered my question!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheer Help! [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone! ::) I've always been interested in cheerleading, I wasn't able to try out for the high school squad for freshman and sophomore year. I want to try out for jr. year, but that means I would be trying out for varsity, and I have no experience. :'( Should I go for it or do you...

Help needed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am mum of 2 kids and I have been worried about my body and skin after 2 deliveries. I have developed darker skin down there. :eek: and its looks so :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Can you help me get my skin back to normal color. I mean how can I get my pubic skin fairer . Help needed

Help Needed [ 2 Answers ]

A very close family friend just lost her son to a motorcyle accident, back in Sept. Her son was in the process of filing for a divorce, it would have been filed the next day. He had a daughter,whom is now 17 months old with his (would've been) ex wife. The ex-wife is does not provide his daughter...

Help needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Kadam and I am going to file taxes for 2005 soon. I was on OPT from July 2004 to July 2005. Then I applied for H-1B which got approved Dec 23rd 2005 but I joined employer only on Jan 1 2006. I did not work between July 2005 and Dec 2005. I have worked on OPT for just 3...

Help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Yo man how ru.. how is everyhting.. I am sorry to bother u.. // umm I am in trouble I like this girl and I want to date her but the problem is that she said she likes someone else but if she stops fancing him she will go out with me,. and when ever I send her a message trough my phone she never...

View more questions Search