Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looby74 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 02:48 AM
    My partner says he still wants me but needs time
    Me and my partner keep coming back to the same thing. He works away a lot and most of the time he cancels any plans we have due to work. I get very upset because I feel like his never there for me when I need him. I feel like I'm dedicated to the relationship but he isn't. He says due to work he can't be there for me, his asked me to wait for him while his away working, which I will, but all I ask of him is to sometimes not cancel on me all the time. I finish it every time I get upset due to him working a lot and now he says he doesn't know anymore. He says he still wants me but needs time. What does this mean? And what's the best thing to do about it?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2011, 06:03 AM

If someone were to break up with me on an ongoing basis as you say you have done,I'd leave them to it.

When they want time,you give them all the time in the world,and get on with your own life.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2011, 06:25 AM

I don't know all the details, but I know from my own experience that some people do have jobs that consume all their time... not that they necessarily want to work all the time, but that's what it takes to keep the job and do a good job. In other words, sometimes employees don't have a choice.

If you are unable to cope with him job and work habits, why not just let him go and find a man who works less hours?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 08:11 AM

He is tired of going through the same thing over and over. Since you always get upset, and finish things, maybe its time to finish things for good, because I can see nothing changes, you just stop being so upset.

This applies to you both, kick a dog every day, then he will get tired and run away, or bite you. He is tired of being kicked, and you are tired of being bit. Leave each other alone then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have a hard time telling my partner when I'm upset with him [ 7 Answers ]

I went to a party last night and I was trying to understand why my boyfriend likes hanging around his x-wife and her boyfriend and I was coming to some understanding that they had a lot of things they liked in common and her kids grew close to him in the course of there relationship so I was...

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Do my partner like me [ 1 Answers ]

New partner about know 8yrs and now get serious

Whirlpool quiet partner I worked three time power but will not work Help? [ 0 Answers ]

Whilepool Quiet I worked great three time now ill not do anything. H ave checke power, switch and all have power. Help

Does a person need to take an hiv test if the partner is negative & it was 1st time? [ 4 Answers ]

:eek:i know this person that had unprotected sex for the first time and was scared of contracting hiv and the partner did a test and was negative. Does this mean the person should not worry or should the person take one also?

View more questions Search