Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james16925 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Should I take her back, again?
    So I've been seeing my girlfriend for about a year. At first it was great, then about six months into it her attitude started changing. A few weeks later I found out she was on drugs (meth), we got into a huge fight and told her it was over. She gave me a few bruises and started to cut herself on her wrist but just enough to draw blood. She told me she used to have a drug prob. I told I wasn't having that in my life and she promised never to do it again so I forgave her. Two days later she was back on them, we had a fight she said it was a relapse and it won't happen again. Two weeks later she got arrested for shoplifting (she blamed her friend and she was an accomplice) and I found her pipe in her bags when she was still in jail. I broke up with her but took her back after she said she changed when I left her. Since then I think she really quit. A few months later I found out she had lied about receiving some money, small amounts less than fifty, from her parents several times (she never worked and lived off me the whole time) to buy drugs (just weed she says but I think she did meth once). I told her it was over. A few more bruises for me and some more cuts on her wirst. For two weeks she kept calling and texting me. I told her one more chance but after a week I told her I didn't feel the same about her and couldn't do it anymore and didn't see her for a week. She swears she loves me and has really changed, no more drugs and now has a decent job. She says she wiould do anything to be with me again. In between our fights I would fall for her all over again and I do miss her. Even as I write this I know it sounds crazy but part of me wants to believe her but I don't know if I can trust her again after all the times she has broken it. What should I do?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2011, 09:20 PM
    If you want to be with her, just be prepared for everything you just described to happen again. Even if she stays clean, she will always be an addict. If she is up front about herself, attending Narcotics Anonymous, hanging out with healthy friends, that goes a long way toward getting better.

What you have described is a relationship with a liar, addicts are. She is also given to violence and self-harm. Being an addict also means that she is very intelligent, probably beautiful and creative too.

What do you want for you? I'd find out as much about drug addiction, its impact on relationships as I could. Then weigh the pros and cons of being with her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 08:03 AM

I wouldn't even consider being with her unless she has been clean for a year and made many positive changes in her life.

You would be wise to get as many facts as you can about addicts, and understand the frustrations of caring about them, and even being in their lives.

They can be quite disruptive even when they are fighting their own demons.
    stefka123456 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2011, 02:26 PM
    She will continue to do what she is doing. You should move on.
    Can u imagine having a life with a person like that? What if you guys end up getting married or have children in the future? If she would go as far as to cut her self when she is sober, there is something wrong. You should tell her parents or doctors, cause one day she could actually kill her self and you will feel guilty that u didn't do anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Teacher took my iPhone away, won't give it back; gave 2 other students phone back. [ 9 Answers ]

I go to a high school. I got caught listening to music one day in class, my teacher took my phone away. I thought she was going to give it back at the end of the day. When I came and asked her, she said I was listening to music during a classmates presentation and my parent will have to pick it up...

Toilet leaking around base, back up into tub when flush, kitchen sink back up [ 3 Answers ]

Seem like everything is back up. Recently I've been having issue with my plumbing all around. The toilet seems to be backing up into the tub and is leaking around the base. I could hear water bubble sound coming up the toilet when I try to run water down the tub. As for the kitchen sink it seems to...

Issue with hot water & pressure for 2 back to back shower units. [ 0 Answers ]

We have 2 levels in the house with 2 water heaters. Hot water & pressure is fine to the entire house (including the upstairs bathroom sinks), however, recently we lost both hot water & pressure to the 2 upstairs showers.

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search