Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idontlikeschool Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Very late period and possible spotting
    My boyfriend and I do not have sex too often, I am afraid of getting pregnatnt. Anway, the last time I had my period was a week before Thanksgiving (I am ALWAYS irregular, and it is not uncommon for me to skip or have periods two weeks late) I don't remember but I think my boy friend and I may have had intercourse prior to me getting my period, and I think maybe just a little after. We did have intercourse on January 1st. On the 19th, I thought I got my perdiod, but it is very light and I am normally a heavy flow. And it is really only there if I wipe. It's a brownish, pinkish color. I am using "regular" tampons which I NEVER use, and if I leave it in long enough, it is somewhat bloody. I could probably go without using anything because it is so light. (sorry for the image) But, I am still confused. I have no lower back pain, no cramps, no sore breasts, I am just very tired and lazy. I am very stressed about school. I am thinking about taking PT tomorrow. I am very nervous!

Any thoughts?

Jan 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Oh, and we always have protected sex
    lil_mandy Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Just before I can answer what age are you ?

Jan 21, 2007, 06:40 PM
    I am 19

Any feed back that you have will be helpful :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
    First, let me say that you need to limit the amount of time that you wear a tampon to no more than 4 hours max. You run the risk of toxic shock syndrome if you leave it in any longer. I knew a woman how passed the week of thanksgiving from toxic shock, so it can be deadly.

Now, have you taken a HPT? If not I suggest you do so using first morning urine. If that comes up negative it may be time to visit your health care provider. When was your last yearly woman's exam?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, spotting... Could I be? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a few days late on my period and for the past few days I have been noticing a little blood and brown spotting when I wipe. My breast are a little sore and I have been feeling realllllllly tired no matter how much I sleep. Should I wait a little longer to make sure my period doesn't come? Does...

Just Implantion bleeding, spotting or period? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 and have no children so far. I don't know what its like to be pregnant or what to expect. I am trying to have a baby, I was due last night for my period and today I had this light brown and a dot of red that was at 1 o'clock, I have a lil' lower back pain but other then that I am fine. Its...

Instead of period, brownish spotting with odor [ 1 Answers ]

:( hi, my name is sarah, I'm 19. I had a miscarriage in September 2005. Last month(october) I ovulated on the 10th, my boyfriend and I have been having sex with out protection up to 4 times a day since then. Two days ago (november 28th) I was expecting my period but instead I had a browish color...

Spotting or period? [ 2 Answers ]

OK- Last MP 10/19/06. Had sex between 10/30/06 and 11/4/06. Have been experiencing mild cramping on and off since 11/7/06. Got faint positive pregnancy test on 11/14 and another on 11/15. My period is due today( 11/16). Starting last night, and some today, I have some brown and pink spotting. ...

View more questions Search