Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tawnylynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Does per diem differ from state to state?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 02:52 PM

The amount of money that an employer can give you for per diem expenses without you having to pay income taxes on it varies by location - not just by state. Rates are set by the US General Services Administration. Here's a handy web site to let you see what the rates are within the continental US: Per Diem Rates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

When Virginia state and federal wages differ [ 1 Answers ]

In the W2, the Box 1 Federal wages differ from Box 16 State wages for Virginia. The company pays part of the health premium for the employee and the rest is paid by the employee under the 125 plan. Please help

US Dept of State M&IE Per diem allowance by majority shareholder in a CA C-corp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the use of US Dept. of State foreign per Diem for M&I expenses for my own use while on business abroad. (Foreign per diems from the Dept. of State website) I own 90% of the stock in a California C corp, and am the only employee. (The IRS considers me a personal services...

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, let me rephrase that, I am working in Georgia, on a construction job working for a contractor in Idaho, I would like to know what the taxes would be on $3000 claiming 4 dependants. I need to know if you can break it down for me , FICA, SS,FED. Thank you

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

This is my situation, I am working out of state and I am receiving $50 a day per diem for food, etc... is this taxable? I alos would like to know how much tax would be taken out of $3000?

View more questions Search