Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Smell and Taste
    I lost my sense of smell and taste about two years ago due to a head injury, but recently I have been smelling some weird stuff but can't determine what it is. Has this happened to anybody else out there? Will my senses come back? Or is my brain playing games with me? I appreciate any feedback.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
    Read about phantosmia, it's when you smell things that aren't there. I think I've read that if you can regain anything, it means you may regain more. Have you seen a doctor about it recently?
    normday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 12:22 PM
    Yes I have, but he says time will tell. The nerve endings might have been sheared or not, or damaged. He couldn't give me a good answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Funny Water Taste/Smell after replacing facet stems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I just had renovations done in my bathrooms and kitchen and while re-installing the main bathroom Price Pfister faucet, I started to get a drip. I did some online research, which suggested checking the cold water stem washer... sure enough it was in pretty bad shape. Unfortunately, no one...

We have well water and now we taste and smell motor oil [ 2 Answers ]

We have had no problems with our well water until today. We have noticed a funny taste and a smell of motor oil. What could this be?

Cat likes bleach smell/taste [ 33 Answers ]

My 8 month old cat seems to lose his mind when I get out the bleach/water mixture to clean my white kitchen counters. He jumps onto the counter, rolls around on it and licks it. Then we get into a cycle of him jumping up and my removing him until one of us gets tired of it. I've never seen a...

Solder\Flux taste and smell [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just had some new copper installed in the basement for a second bathroom. Our guy tied into the existing lines and used a non lead solder. Now my cold water tap in the upper bathroom (which I can see has been soldered to accommodate the basement piping) has a very strong flux/solder taste and...

Musty water taste and smell [ 1 Answers ]

My water smells and tastes musty. Can I do something to change this or do I need a plumber

View more questions Search