Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momo37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
    My period is wayy! Too long help me!
    MY PERIOD IS TOO LONG, I'M 12 AND I STARTED MY PERIOD AROUND when school sterted and my periods go on for over 2 weeks! My mom is super worried!and so am I:confused: :s
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
    You need to see your doctor to find out why this is happening. This is not normal and could lead to anemia among other things. Your Mom has a right to be concerned.

Please have her call your doctor.
    lil_mandy Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Hi I agree with j-9 go to see your doctor , although your body is just developing and this is your first year if your period and your body may just be getting used to the extreme load it gets rid off each month .Many girls start with it bad and heavy and eventually as they get older it doesn't last as bad they suffered when they first started.

Again see your doctor to be sure .tell us how it goes.
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momo37
    mY PERIOD IS TOO LONG, i'M 12 AND i STARTED MY PERIOD AROUND when school sterted and my periods go on for over 2 weeks! my mom is super worried!and so am I:confused: :s
    Hun, I don't know if it happens to everyone, but the same thing happened to me. After a while, they became much shorter, like by half. Cycles take a long time to be right, when you first start.
    angelinside94 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
    The same thing is going on with me and I always have long ones and this is only my 5th one so maybe I'm just adjusting to my period but I think I am going to the doctor if it doesn't stop this weekend my mom said.
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2007, 06:22 PM
    I would seek medical help immediately. It maybe something simple. It might have to do with your family history. How depressing. My cousin bled a lot when she turned 25 and she found out she has fibroids. Another person I know found out they have a rare form of cancer. I hope this is enough for you to seek medical advice from a professional ASAP. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I sick? Is my period too long? [ 11 Answers ]

I am worried and so is my mom... I got my period about 3 months ago and it started normal... 3 to 4 days but then it started lasting longer... a lot longer. My period has now been going on for over 2 weeks!! Please tell me if I have to go see a doctor and what kind of illness I could have.

Long period, dose any one know what this is? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am 19 years old and this cycle is crap. Haha lol. I have had my period for 11 days and counting, it is heavy and brownish and I continue to get cramps it slows down for a day and then starts up again. And its really starting to make me cranky. I hate my doctors, and refuse to see them...

Help! Long Period... Can't see reason why! [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me... About 2 weeks before my last period was due I started getting heavy clear discharge. Then, when my period was due to start, instead of what for me is a normal period, I have been spotting for almost 3 weeks. The spotting is minimal and I only notice it when I urinate. It has...

Very, very long period! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 16, and I got my period about 4 yrs ago. It evened out after a year or two, and was, on average, about 7 days long. About a year ago I went vegetarian, and in the span of six months skipped about 3 periods... After that, things seemed back to normal, for a while. About 3-4 months ago,...

Is my period lasting to long? [ 6 Answers ]

Today is my 4th day on my 1st period and it is showing no signs of slowing down or stopping. Everybody I've asked says it starts slowing down around the 4th and 5th day but mine isn't! Am I OK?? :confused:

View more questions Search