Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NANCY2HELP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Toilet bowl water level to low just put vinyle flooring down
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 11:33 AM

Question... what does new vinyl flooring have to do with the water level in the toilet bowl? Was it OK before the new flooring was done you are meaning to say?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 12:33 PM

Hi Nancy...

Is the water always low in the toilet or just after you flush?

If the water is always low, open the tank lid and see if the flexible rubber tube (refill tube) is stuck inside the overflow pipe (see image below) in the center of the tank. The refill tube should be connected to or even inside the overflow tube. If it is disconnected, reconnect it and flush the toilet to see if the water level is restored.

If the water level is low in the toilet bowl only after flushing the water then my guess is that the wax gasket has been set improperly and is causing the toilet bowl to siphon off a bit of water... ;) Here, you will need to remove and reset the bowl with a new wax gasket.

Let me know more about your issue... more info. Gets a better answer, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Water Level in Toilet Bowl [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a condo on the third floor and the building was built in 1985. Recently I noticed that the water level has decreased significantly in the toilet bowl. I checked the tank and it is filling up as it should. I have observed no leakages around the toilet. My downstairs neighbors...

Low Water Level In Toilet Bowl [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house which was built in 1993. All of the plumbing fixtures are original. Every toilet in the house only holds about 2 to 3 cups of water in the bowl. I have verified the fill valve and tube are functioning correctly. I have also taken a bucket of water and slowly tried...

Toilet Bowl has Low Water Level [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Kohler 1.6gpf comfort level toilet. It seems to bother my wife that the water level in the bowl is very low. It seems to flush OK but I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the water level in the bowl itself? Richard

Low water level in toilet bowl [ 2 Answers ]

OK I've read a lot of forums on this subject and have tried all the suggestions. Here's my problem: I have 2 bathrooms, one toilet works fine. Flushes great, bowl has correct level. This toilet is closest to the septic tank. My other toilet is farthest from the septic tank and is the first...

Low water level in the Toilet Bowl [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet bowl in the Master bathroom has a very low water level. It has been getting lower and lower over time. The toilet bowl tank has the correct amount of water in it, so I am not sure as to why when I flush the water level in the actual bowl has been decreasing? Can anyone shed some light...

View more questions Search