Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
    Threadworms or not?
    Last night I went to the toilet. When I wiped myself I found a worm like thing in among some discharge (I am a girl). It must have been between 5 and 10 millimeters long and about a millimeter thick. It was moving. I put my fingernail in it and it just exploded into nothing. Then I washed my hands. I was sort of freaked out by this, and assumed it must be worms, so I told my Grandma, and she told me it was probably threadworms and nothing to worry about.

I have looked up the symptoms for thread worms and I have had severe iching around my anus. I remember that whilst itching this there was a jelly like substance around it (eggs?).

But looking at pictures, threadworms look nothing like what I found. What I found was a lot fatter and also more of a translucent colour then a solid white.

So what I'm asking is do you think it could still be thread worms? If not what is it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 10:04 AM

It could be anything. It is not normal to have severe anal itching and to pass worms.

You need to see a Physician. NOW.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 10:51 AM

I concur... things coming out of ones bum that move (visible to the naked eye anyway) are NOT normal and nothing to ignore.

See a physician. Any medications you may need are going to be prescription.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search