Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cortneexx123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 08:03 AM
    What was Leon Alberti's impact on the Renassiance?

Mar 21, 2011, 08:03 AM
    What is leon alberti's impact on the future

Mar 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Why was leon alberti's buidlings so great
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2011, 11:26 PM
    Leon Battista Alberti was an Italian author, artist, architect, poet, priest, linguist, philosopher, and cryptographer, and general Renaissance humanist polymath. An Italian humanist, Alberti is often seen as a model of the Renaissance "universal man".
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Alberti's approach to architecture was to pay tribute to ancient Roman design. He also chose to combine form and function, as an example, he used columns as they were originally intended; as load-bearing support in the Church of Sant'Andrea, rather than as decoration and several of the church façades he designed were based on Roman era architecture.

A humanist, like many of his peers, his intent was to design buildings that would illicit emotion as well as reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Leon Battista Alberti [ 5 Answers ]

What is noteworthy and interesting about the architecture of Leon Battista Alberti? Who were his major influences and what are some stylistic elements that all his buildings share?

Kings Of Leon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find all of kings of leons b sides and extra tracks, This is the list I have so far... Where no body knows Beneath the surface Woo hoo Head to toe My third house Mollys hangover

View more questions Search