Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john28 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2011, 01:32 AM
    Can Mequinol 10% cause permanent depigmentation to the skin?
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I will start with a question for the experts on the “Mequinol” subject and / or to those who have had experience with this chemical: ¿Can Mequinol 10% cause permanent depigmentation to the skin? I heard that Mequinol 20% is used in patients with vitiligo and it can cause permanent depigmention to the skin, but I've never heard that a lower concentration (like 10%) can cause the same effect to the skin.
    Any help will be appreciated,
    Thank you.

Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2011, 10:42 PM
    No.. but if you use 20% and above everday for years.. you will be depigmented
    So 10% is safe.. I think

Mar 22, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Comment on Nickol32's post
    I hope so, because I started to use mequinol 10% a week ago and I'm not mixing it with anything else. Thanks for your answer nickol32

Mar 22, 2011, 06:43 AM
    I forgot to clarify that my goal is not to get completely depigmented, I just want to lightning a few shades, But I Want It To Be permanent. Any help would be very grateful, I am new to this.
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Mar 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
    You will always have to maintain(2-3 week application)
    There's no such thing as "permanent skin lightening"

Mar 22, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Comment on Nickol32's post
    Well that suck! That is the same as hydroquinone then? And you have to be maintaining the outcomes for life. I wonder what sammy sosa used to bleach his skin, I saw him like a month ago and he still looks the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cortisone and depigmentation of the skin [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so recently I got a huge milk white patch on my foot that looked like vitiligo, and I was freaked out because I don't use mono and I have never heard of HQ 4 giving anyone spotting and I was scared to death about what caused it... I have a bad foot injury with severe nerve damage and I got a...

Hypopigmentation/depigmentation of skin [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any suggestions for the restoration of pigment or color to skin? I have "scarring" or lack of color due to eczema.

Monobenzone + Benzylarbutin = Total Permanent Depigmentation of Normal Skin (PICS) [ 44 Answers ]

Before 20% Mono http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/samirch99/0b0c3a2c.jpg @ Post ~1 yr: Some darkening and repigmentation following travel & suntanning, Resistance to 30% Mono developing http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/samirch99/now.jpg

View more questions Search