Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adribebo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Toddlers crying for no reason?
    My son cries when we visit relatives or friends. As soon as we walk into peoples houses the crying begans and he immideatley wants to go home a begans to walk towards the door. His crying doesn't stop with anything until we get in the car and he sees we're going home. His crying is very annoying to others since no one can approach him without him crying histerically more. In this situations I can't really do much to repremend him. At first I thought he behaves this way because he didn't like big crowds, but when I take him out to eat at restaurants where there's a lot of people he eats and behaves just fine. I don't know what to think anymore I need help since I can't be at home all the time so he can be okay. I don't believe its healthy for him and me. Please if anyone has any advice for me I would really appreciate it.

Adri
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 20, 2011, 03:13 PM
    You are right, it is not healthy for either of you. Unfortunately there could be a lot of factors in this. He only acts this away around certain family members? Some relatives don't get it through their heads that a new one in the family needs space too. We ran into this in my family when my daughter was born. My mom just wanted to be right up in her face all the time and it really took about two years for my daughter to be comfortable around her. Do you think this could be the issue?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2011, 03:38 PM

What age is he?

For the moment, I would meet relatives in places like cafes or restaurants where he feels secure. Are there any restaurants near you with a children's play area? Go there to meet people, and see if he gets comfortable enough to go to the play area without you.

Work up to visiting other people's houses. I'm not thrilled about going into houses I don't know, and I'm a mature adult. I can see why it could be a big deal for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I crying for no reason? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've looked around for answers but they all seen to be on babies or puppies or something stupid like that, so, I'm not good at this type if thing so , here goes. I'm a 13 year old girl and for most of the day I seem to be fine but when it comes to night and I'm in bed I just burst out into...

Why do I keep crying all the time with no reason? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and for some unknown reason I can't stop crying. Since the age of 14 I have been to and from home in which I had a violent relationship with my mum and felt totally estranged from the family... She kicked me out on my 16th birthday and I have been living independently ever...

Crying for no reason [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and generally quite a happy person, but recently I've been crying all the time and I don't understand why. The tiniest thing will set me off and I often feel quite down. My boyfriend gets annoyed sometimes because he can't understand why I would be upset about nothing, and I get...

I keep crying for no reason [ 9 Answers ]

I am a 42 year old female and always thought I was quite a strong person but for the last 4 years I have regularly found myself crying over the most stupid things - A sad song on the radio - or just someone being nice to me - Is there anything I can do?

I randomly start crying for no reason and I don't know why [ 1 Answers ]

At the most randomest times I just start crying. I'm a picses , so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Sometimes I'll get sad for no reason and just start crying. I don't believe I'm going through depression, I'm a happy person. I just don't know what's going on... can anyone help me...

View more questions Search