Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
    How to remove user name and password from computer?
    I have bought a comp but its asking for a username and password which I don't have how do I remove it ***
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 08:12 AM

Could be it wants you to programme it for a user name and password. That is the process and protection for your personal files. After you programme that into the computer no one can access your information when they turn it back on.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 08:03 PM

Where did you buy it? When does this username and password prompt? What Operating System?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 12:24 AM

This forum has specific rules about NOT offering help breaking the security of a computer or operating system.

If you bought a computer you cannot boot with normal workarounds and it's asking for passwords you cannot provide, you will need to reset the computer to factory settings. This would put the computer into the same state it was in the first time the computer was removed from the box, which should be fine for you.

This is usually done by pressing F10 multiple times during bootup, or Ctrl-F11... some keypress that activates the Recovery Partition hidden on most computers nowadays.

Provide your complete make and model of computer and we might be able to Google up some steps for you if you can't find them.
    anne mee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 04:04 PM
    I bought it from last user
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 11:27 PM
    Then the last user can provide the login password.

Else search on the web to find out how to do a "factory restore" on that particular model of computer, resetting it back to the day it came out of the box will give you full access to clean, uncluttered computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove password from a zip folder I created & added a password to in XP Pro? [ 0 Answers ]

Any way to remove the password that I created to protect my desktop folder in XP Pro after I made it a zip file & created the password?

Password checker that allows the user to enter a possible password in a textbox [ 1 Answers ]

I need help creating a password checker, the password must be 8 to 15 chars inlength, and nust contain 1 uppercase, and one lower case and one numeric digit, and a dialog box to display a message box displaying a message wheter or not the password is acceptable.

Dell computer user name and password [ 1 Answers ]

Have a dell computer I haven't used in about 4 years and can't remember user name and password. How do I reemove existing user and pw to start using computer again.

Remove Username Password when starting up computer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to remove my user name password when I log on. Nothing in the control panel & user name allows this. Any help please

View more questions Search