Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lundadam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 04:21 AM
    Take away imesh home page
    Hi,
    I cannot get 'search imesh' home page go away and my customery home page for some years will not appear as before. I have to change it each time I log in to internet (Firefox) and I am pretty tired of the whole thing!
    I have cleared out history, I have changed the home page through Tools, but it does not obey my instructions. I have done a lot of things in order to get rid of imesh, but nothing helps. Please, advise.
    Regards,
    Katalin Henriksson
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 20, 2011, 05:36 AM
    You need to COMPLETELY remove iMesh from your system to be able to revert your settings to what you want.

That's one of the BIG problems with these P2P applications, they take over your machine and cause untold damage.
    lalaland00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2011, 10:31 PM
    Go to "My Computer", then "Program Files", then "iMesh Applications"... Click on the one folder inside && you'll find a file named "Uninstal". Click on it && it will remove all things iMesh from your computer.
    crystal10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
    Comment on lalaland00's post
    Thank you so much! This helped me out a ton! :)
    MsGebby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 06:25 PM
    I figured it out!. Look for a file/program that iMesh installed on your computer called Winmediacore... I can't remember the exact name... I disabled it and iMesh took a hike. I would get a pop up window that says this program has blocked changes in my homepage. This happens when you try to revert your homepage back to what you want it to be. Somehow, I clicked on that pop up and got options to disable it. It worked!!
    chipfree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 08:41 AM
    This works- thanks- On windows 7 go to control panel- then uninstall programs and the winmediacore will be listed and the publisher will by imesh. Click to uninstall- Once you uninstall return to tool bar and change home page setting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home page, favorites work fine, if I do a Google or bing search, r: can't open page [ 1 Answers ]

I.E. Home page is MSN, I can open any link on that and works fine, If I do a new search on Google or bing, get can not open page. I have another computer at home that works fine, have compared settings and all are same. Please help.

New home page [ 4 Answers ]

How do I change the home page for the internet?

Can't get to home page [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop with windows 2005--it was working fine 3 days ago. Today I turned it on a blue screen came up and said checking computer function, testing all systems, everything passed, then it said can you see the colored lines ? Type in yes or no, the keyboard will not function. It says...

Home page [ 3 Answers ]

hi I accidentally downloaded somesort of active x thing since then I have been stuck with a blank page as my home page and it won't let me change it . Cheers

Help me with home page... [ 1 Answers ]

I have big problem with my home page... when I start up my comp it is always same home page ------------------------------>go.targetsearch... a can fix it in internet tools but if I turn off my comp an again turn on----again that page?? Please help... This is probably the most frustration I've...

View more questions Search