Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon6154 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Biology
    When mitochondria burn sugar in the process called respiration,one of the by-products is
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Water and CO2 are two byproducts of respiration. Also ATP Energy is produced, but that is the main purpose of respiration.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 12:36 AM
    The products Worthbeads listed are from aerobic respiration.

When oxygen is not present, the mitochondria undergo anaerobic respiration, which produces Lactic Acid and ATP energy.

This is why your muscles ache during and shortly after heavy exercise - your muscles aren't getting enough oxygen and so undergo anaerobic respiration. This causes a build up of Lactic Acid which starts to hurt after enough has built up. Luckily your body has a good system for getting rid of Lactic Acid (once the rate of production slows down).

You should also better define "sugar" as glucose. There are a large number of sugars, and glucose is the one used by most organisms for respiration. (We have many enzymes to break different sugars down into glucose).
    tgeorge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 01:15 AM
    What are the products of aerobic respiration?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Hi tgeorge. If you read the answers given above, you will see the answer to your question :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

If you're a fat molecule forming the inner layer of a cell membrane,your head will face toward ?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

According to my hypothesis, bacteria that lived millions of years ago communicated by their body language. In scientific terms, the main problem with my hypothesis is that?

BS in biology? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of careers can I get with a BS in biology and I minor in health education, in the health care field?:confused:

View more questions Search