Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mymk52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Dirt inside of crucifixes
    I am wondering what the meaning of "terra _____cumbarum" means? A few of the letters are obscured by the dirt, so I really do not know what other letters are missing.
    Thanks
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jan 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
    It's Latin. "Terra" means earth or soil. I'm not sure what the other word is, and could not find it in a Latin dictionary, although it was in an elementary Latin exercise, and appears to be the pural form of whatever word it might be.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 03:58 PM
    My understanding it is a small boat, skiff, and also used as the boat that Charon carried the dead across the river Styx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big mound of dirt [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a house with a enormous mound of dirt in the back yard. It is so big that are dog keeps jumping over the fence. What is the best way of removing this dirt? We have already removed 6 wheelbarrow full of dirt and re-alocated it throughout the garden. My husband says it would take...

Dirt amounts [ 1 Answers ]

How much dirt would I need (in yards ) to fill a hole 1ft deep by 10 ft long by 15ft wide

Cat dirt in my garden [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a proven cure for keeping cats out of my garden, I've tried orange peel, garlic cloves and other than getting a dog don't know what to do next. I don't want to hurt them, just don't want them making my garden smelly.

View more questions Search