Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 12:14 PM
    James can serve 10 customers in 5 minutes. Peter can serve 5 customers in 10 mintues.
    James can serve 10 customers in 5 minutes. Peter can serve 5 customers in 10 mintues. Working together, how many customers can they serve in 30 minutes.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2011, 01:09 PM

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 01:16 PM

How many can each do in that time. Start by looking at each one separate
    charigun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 12:57 AM
    This question is asking you how many people James could serve in 30 minutes plus the number of people peter could serve in 30 minutes.
    Let's start with James. If James could serve 10 customers in 5 minutes, and 30 minutes consists of six 5 minutes, how many customers can you serve in six 5 minutes?
    Do the same for Peter. In 30 minutes there are three 10 minutes. If peter serves 5 customers in 10 minutes, how many customers could peter serve in three 10 minutes?
    Because the question is asking you how many customers they can serve combined, you must then add up the number of customers each of them can serve in 30 minutes.
    e.g.. # of customers Peter serves in 30min + # of customers James serves in 30min = your answer
    After you are done the question, you can post your answer up here if you want and I will tell you if you are right. Also post how you got the answer here as well so if there are mistakes, I can tell you where you went wrong. It's best if you ask your parents for help though. Anybody with high school math experience would be able to answer your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to introduce with customers [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is an apt ERP product so I have to call to schools and tell about my product.How can I tell?

Is it appropriate to ask out customers [ 4 Answers ]

I work at a liquor store - is it appropriate to ask out a customer?

Trying to keep customers happy [ 4 Answers ]

This is a question for some of the plumbers that I see giving advice to others on here. If a person buys a product at the hardware stores and ask you to install it for him how do you determine what you might charge and how do you explain to the customer that he is actually not saving money in...

View more questions Search