Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsr2108 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 04:31 PM
    Is a living trust needed for this situation
    We pay mortgage and insurance for elderly parents with arrangement that they live in house and when the both pass house goes to us. The whole family is aware of this arrangement but we all would like to have something in writing. We were told that a living trust would work but we are unsure because the house still has loan against it with bank and is not owed by parents free and clear. What would we need to have in writing in this situation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2011, 05:24 AM

Hello r:

You're right. The owner of the house won't let you put it in a trust. I don't know exactly WHAT document you need, but a lawyer would know, and he'd be able to draw it up too. It would be a GOOD couple hundred dollar investment.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    ... You're right. The owner of the house won't let you put it in a trust. ...
    You mean the bank? The elderly parents are the owners, the bank has a mortgage.

First, your attorney should review the mortgage to see what the owners have a right to do. If whatever is to be done requires bank approval, they should seek that approval.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No will or living trust. [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle passed away last year with no will or living trust. He didn't have any stocks or monies left except for a house that he and my aunt owned. My aunt passed away 15 years ago and his new wife passed away 2 years ago. When I was 6 months old my mom passed away and my aunt and uncle took...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Living Situation [ 9 Answers ]

I'll try and make this the shortest version of the story I can Me and a few of my friends all went in on an apartment together and 4 days before the "move in date" the ALL bailed out on me (some friends huh?) So then all my stuff was at my Boyfriends Mothers House waiting to be moved to my new...

View more questions Search