Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacefulabyss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Why do humans always need to KNOW?
    Why is there religion? Why do we need to know why the Earth was created? Why we were created? Why can't we just be grateful that we're here? WHY DO WE ALWAYS NEED ANSWERS? How is Christianity peaceful when there is so much terror involved with it?? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 06:08 PM

Terrorism is related primarily to Islam... not Christianity or Judaism, or Budism, etc...

As far as why everything is... who is capable of grasping gods plan much less his thoughts.
    moonwidower Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2011, 06:11 PM
    LOl, relax bud. I believe religon exists only to suit humans need to have faith in something, anything (even if it's just a bunch of stories someone thought up). It serves no other purpose as far as I can tell.

This is just my opinion and has no bearing on this site, it's creators or it's users. Lol

Mar 17, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Terrorism is related to ALL religions, no exceptions. So is fanaticism, misdirection, and misunderstanding.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 06:24 PM

Not hardly... I don't see Christians committing terrorism...

Or Buddhist monks... only Miguided brainwashed muslims.

Yeah there are fantics of every religion or lack of religion... as far as misdirection... that happens far more frequently with the less educated muslims and the radical so-called religious leaders.

Misunderstanding isn't as common as you might want to believe... misunderstanding is usually the result of a news media pushing an agenda ignoring the facts. Or a poor level of education or MISeducation by people with an agenda to push.

Usually a result of things like Sharia... when Intollerance is institutionalized.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Terrorism is related primarily to Islam....not Christianity
    Tell that to the medical staff at abortion clinics. :rolleyes:
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2011, 07:13 PM

WG,

Your comments confuse me.Do you call yourself a Christian? I know I'm blonde but STILL...

I wouldn't personally OWN anyone that would try to harm a staff member at an abortion clinic.
    Although I disagree with MOST abortions.

AS a CHRISTIAN woman I am PRO life. ALL LIFE... including the doctors, nurses and patients at the clinics. Jesus loves them too. Killing or harming them in ANY way is NOT christianty. NO WAY.. NO HOW. Just because someone says they are Christian.. doesn't MAKE it so. Murder of ANY kind in the name christ is NOT Christianity.

TRUE christianity is about Grace and Truth.
    There is always going to be NUTBALLS out there destroying in the so name of the LORD. I'm PROUD to be a Christian.. I do NOT own them as real.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 07:23 PM

I have picked dozens of abortion clinics and help inform and save the life of many unborn children. Even helped I hope close a few.

But they have never been in any danger. Although to me, they are worst than some of the worst murders on death row.

Mar 17, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    You must be Christian. Lol
    What do you call the great "witch hunts" of the 15th to 18th centuries or the punishment laid out for heresy.
    As for Buddhist, they formed militant groups and outright fought the South Vietnam government in the 1950's when they refused the "personalism" installed by their own govermant. Again, no exceptions.

Mar 17, 2011, 07:45 PM
    I mean no offense by my comments, I'm just stating that there are bad apples in every religion. No matter what their motives.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    WG,

Your comments confuse me.Do you call yourself a Christian?
    All I said was, "Tell that to the medical staff at an abortion clinic." What's confusing about that? What does that have to do with my being a Christian and pro life?

My workplace, a public library, was a block from an abortion clinic (until it was forced to close and move). I had to drive by it to get to work. Every Saturday, crowds of people (Christians, we were told) filled the parking lot, children in tow, waving graphic signs, yelling and screaming at anyone who entered or left the building. Police moved them off the lot, so they filled both sides of the street on the public sidewalk, walked back and forth across the street blocking traffic, yelling at drivers and other passersby.

I was glad I was going to work at the public library, not the abortion clinic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 08:15 PM

I will rate this to perhaps a troll who wished to ask and not follow up a question to cause fighting, so I will close it, and see if they come back with any follow up or better worded question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Veterinary medicine use in humans? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is any books or publications that would be useful in the subject of using veterinary medical supplies and medications in humans in an emergency situation. Medicines would include anti-fungals, antibiotics etc and supplies would include syringes, staples and suture kits. Any...

Cows or humans? [ 71 Answers ]

As a Christian, I believe that God created humans to be superior and above all animals , even angels; and because of this human life is precious. Humans did not come from the same primordial muck that all other animals came from as evolutionists and a lot of scientists will have you believe. ...

Where and how did the first humans originate [ 2 Answers ]

How did the first humans originate?

Pigs and Humans [ 1 Answers ]

what is the Diffrence between a Human and Pig?

Humans [ 3 Answers ]

How long have humans inhabited the earth? Thanks! -alison

View more questions Search