Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newcomer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Why would a stock with a high P/E ratio still be rated a storng buy?
    The example I am thinking of is Helix Energy Solutions (HLX). Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 04:12 PM

How about talking to a Financial Advisor. Only a fool would ask advice what stock to buy from someone they don't know... and has no legal fiduciary obligation to them.

There are a lot of nuances as well as market trends to consider. Not just Price to earnings ratio. And an ear to the market to anticipare what might be coming. It's a full time job doing that... otherwise its like throwing craps in Vegas.
    takemyview Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 05:27 AM
    P/E ratio is not the only criteria in deciding future stock market price target for specific share. As lot of things are playing in for current prices of low P/E shares. If I have to list few then say conversion of debentures partly into equity shares is due in some time, some sectors are not enjoying higher P/E as tough competition is there with in the sector and there are many more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Same stock - buy / sell restrictions? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a limit to the number of times you can buy and sell the same stock in the same day? Do you have to wait to buy the same stock again if you sold it recently?

Which high yield stock to buy? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a thousand to invest. I want to invest in a "safe" stock that has a high yield. Of the ones that I have screened, the following appeal to me because their ex-dividend date is in Auguest or early September. FTR (Frontier Communications), DUK (Duke energy), DD (duPont) and ED (Con Ed). ...

Getting out of a mortgage w/ a high debt to income ratio [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. I want out. We have signed some papers. I know our debt to income ratio is too high and yet the mortgage company still is going through with it. I would love to get the house, but, if we do our TOTAL savings is wipped out. I just started...

View more questions Search